Noob question - HDMI Out
Hello everyone,

This is a total noob question, but how do you get HDMI out? I just installed XBMCbuntu on an old M1530 laptop. I cannot find the Video output settings. The Fn keys do not work, which from my googling around appears to be normal. I used to output using windows on this PC all the time. Can someone please help me with this very basic step? Thanks!

Did you look under Menu > System Tools in the XBMCbuntu desktop (not in XBMC)? My XBMCbuntu install put the NVidia Settings in that section.
HTPC 1 - Zotac ZBOX ID80U | 4GB RAM | 64GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
HTPC 2 - Zotac ZBOX ID41U | 4GB RAM | 60GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
Server - unRAID Server | 3 x 2TB WD Green HDD, 1TB WD Black HDD (Cache) | Sabnzbd | CouchPotato | Sickbeard
No...to be honest I don't even know how to do that. I don't know how to do anything really...I just installed XBMCbuntu with a fresh install thinking it would be quick and clean. I am having trouble finding tutorials but I have been able to at least partially set up my library. It doesn't seem to be catching my TV shows but it has picked up most movies. I can still access them but they are not in the library.

I have a feeling this is gonna be a very steep learning curve indeed!

If you could give me some brief guide on how to do what you are saying I'd appreciate it very much!

Thanks for the reply.

Ah I think I have figured out half the battled. I'm in to XBMCbuntu now. Am trying to mess with nVidia settings. It appears I need to edit xorg.conf. Of course now I have set up my monitors in such a way that the taskbar isn't visible (doh!).

Thanks for the help, you got me on the right path.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Noob question - HDMI Out0