Some preview thumbs aren't generated
Hi again,

Another quick question. Not sure if it's skin related to be honest, but any help appreciated.

So I generally have new shows "arrive" every day via Sickbeard which triggers an XBMC update as soon as it's completed, and I watch them that same night when I get home. I've noticed that with some (not all) shows, a preview thumbnail isn't generated (or scraped, I'm not sure how it works, but I mean the image that's a snapshot of a frame from the episode and is displayed in the recently added list). This just defaults to the generic, "missing" xbmc image, which just annoys me Smile

Often if I open that episode info and hit refresh, it'll populate with an image (I assume it scrapes it from thetvdb or something), but not always, and I was under the impression that XBMC would generate that image on its own if it wasn't present.

Is there any way I can force it to do that, as it's getting on my nerves seeing the ugly missing image placeholder Smile

Now there is a setting in the Video settings that sounds like it should be doing that, but I have it checked and it's clearly not doing it.

Thanks

EDIT: Bit more info on this. Using Maraschino, I managed to do a bit of digging and found that XBMC was trying to use a file called auto-89971f49.tbn which is in my userdata/thumbnails/Video folder.

I opened this file, and it's just blank (0 bytes). I noticed there are a bunch more files prefixed with "auto" in that folder, and the majority are all empty as well (though not all). The regular tbn's (that are just numbers) work fine.

I assume this is the problem? It's generating thumbs, but messing it up somehow?

EDIT2:

Right, this runs a little deeper. I've also just noticed that a lot of my TV shows, when I hit Info, don't display their poster (although some do). An example of this is The Borgias, so I enabled debug and grabbed a log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=3855

In there, as far as I can tell, XBMC is looking for a poster at "volume1/NAS/TV/The Borgias/../poster.jpg" when it should be "volume1/NAS/TV/The Borgias/poster.jpg" (although I'm fairly sure I've got "use poster.jpg" turned off so it should probably be using folder.jpg, which is also present at that path). This leads to a "stat call failed with "NFS: Lookup of //TV failed with NFS3ERR_NOENT(-2)"" because of course that path doesn't exist.

I'm new to XBMC so I could be way off, but something's wrong regardless.

Not sure what other info you need, but I'm running OpenELEC 1.95.04 on a Zotac AD04.
XBMC isn't looking for poster.jpg. The skin is.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-06-20, 23:36)jmarshall Wrote: XBMC isn't looking for poster.jpg. The skin is.

OK, I'll get onto the Nox guys about that.

Any ideas regarding the preview thumb for episodes?
Can anyone help with the previews not generating? It happens everyday Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some preview thumbs aren't generated0