Best XBMC App for Ipad

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
protocol77 Offline
Fan
hey guys i am going to be buying my first Ipad 3 this week and wondering what is the best apps to control or use xbmc on the Ipad 3

i am just going to get the 16gb wifi one i have used the xbmc remote app on my android phone but apart from my ipod never owned any apple stuff so not sure what is best

i would prefer if it is free but if i have to pay a couple of dollars to get a good app i will

also is there any apps i can use to stream my videos from my home server to the ipad like i do with my xbmc htpc i run with openelec
(This post was last modified: 2012-06-20 19:47 by protocol77.)
find quote
nsviper Online
For bling looks, Constellation without a doubt.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=104567

Can't wait for it on Android...

Although there are others - just my opinion Smile

2xPi 512mb[XBian][Amber Skin]
QNAP TS410 NAS - 4x2TB Raided with NFS Support & Central MySQL DB
Samsung 46" ES7000 Smart TV & HT-E5550 3D BD Sound System
Solwise 200Mb Powerline adapters

Blog coming soon : XBian/Hyperion/LED Ambient Lights
find quote
Ned Scott Offline
Team-XBMC Wiki Guy
We also now have an official Team XBMC iOS remote: Official XBMC Remote/iOS (and it's free).

Plus if you jailbreak you can (of course) install XBMC directly on your iPad, and even use it with the HDMI adapter on a TV.

You can make easy links to the XBMC wiki using double brackets around common XBMC words: [[debug log]] = debug log, [[Video library]] = Video library, [[SMB]] = SMB , [[userdata]] = userdata, etc
(This post was last modified: 2012-06-21 07:34 by Ned Scott.)
find quote
protocol77 Offline
Fan
(2012-06-21 07:33)Ned Scott Wrote:  We also now have an official Team XBMC iOS remote: Official XBMC Remote/iOS (and it's free).

Plus if you jailbreak you can (of course) install XBMC directly on your iPad, and even use it with the HDMI adapter on a TV.

if i was to do this and use it on my tv with the hdmi would i get full widescreen 1080p or would it be that stupid 4:3 screen i heard about that the ipad outputs

btw do you happen to know a good guide for jailbreaking the ipad 3 as i have never done it before and do not want to screw it up in case i break the thing completely
(This post was last modified: 2012-06-21 12:42 by protocol77.)
find quote
Bladerunner1962 Offline
I bought/load all Ipad/Iphone apps are avaible...
Commander comes very near to my expectations...but as ALL
other Apps for XBMC: too long loading times for covers and
information...works pretty good until you have a little number
of movies. More than 700...you can forget it, even the most
XBMC apps have a own cache mgt. ....doesn't really help...
has nothing to do with my network...all other things I'm
doing are very fast within the network...
So I hope, they will improve their concepts by time.
(This post was last modified: 2012-06-21 13:27 by Bladerunner1962.)
find quote
xdoktor Offline
(2012-06-21 12:40)protocol77 Wrote:  
(2012-06-21 07:33)Ned Scott Wrote:  We also now have an official Team XBMC iOS remote: Official XBMC Remote/iOS (and it's free).

if i was to do this and use it on my tv with the hdmi would i get full widescreen 1080p or would it be that stupid 4:3 screen i heard about that the ipad outputs

btw do you happen to know a good guide for jailbreaking the ipad 3 as i have never done it before and do not want to screw it up in case i break the thing completely

I too echo protocol77...if/when iPad 3 Jailbreak appears it will make my wife VERY happy...my life easier....and I will be even more happy when XBMC runs on my S Galaxy Tab 10.1!
I cherish the day...!! haha

cheers
Dok
(This post was last modified: 2012-06-21 17:40 by xdoktor.)
find quote
indiejones Offline
+1 for the Official Team XBMC IOS Remote... As it's free why don't you just try it out... I've also installed XBMC on my iPad too and love it... Soaking in a bath watching a flick

Optoma HD Projector, Panasonic 50PX70 Plasma, Pioneer Elite VSX 74 (US spec) AVR, Kef Q65 main, iQ8ds rear, XQ2C centre, XBOX 360 Elite, Samsung LE40C650, SKY HD, Lutron IR Rania Lighting, Harmony 1, HTPC - XBMC (AEON MQ5 - DSPlayer) iPad 2 (xbmc)

CPU - AMD Phenom ii 560, MB - M4A78LT-M, GPU - GT440 DDR5, 32GB Corsair SSD, 4GB Corsair DDR3, 3x 1.5TB HDD's
find quote
xdoktor Offline
....and as if by magic....my prayers are answered!!!!

I love you tech gurus!
find quote
hovnarr Offline
(2012-06-21 17:39)xdoktor Wrote:  I too echo protocol77...if/when iPad 3 Jailbreak appears it will make my wife VERY happy...my life easier....and I will be even more happy when XBMC runs on my S Galaxy Tab 10.1!

cheers
Dok

your wife must be happy then?
find quote
Ned Scott Offline
Team-XBMC Wiki Guy
(2012-06-21 12:40)protocol77 Wrote:  if i was to do this and use it on my tv with the hdmi would i get full widescreen 1080p or would it be that stupid 4:3 screen i heard about that the ipad outputs

If you use a nightly build then you will get native iOS video output which will be widescreen.

As for guides, not sure. I would check the normal places, like http://idownloadblog.com , http://modmyi.com , etc. I've never heard of anyone bricking an iDevice with a jailbreak, either, so you can always restore from an iTunes backup if worse comes to worse.

You can make easy links to the XBMC wiki using double brackets around common XBMC words: [[debug log]] = debug log, [[Video library]] = Video library, [[SMB]] = SMB , [[userdata]] = userdata, etc
find quote
Ned Scott Offline
Team-XBMC Wiki Guy
(2012-06-21 17:39)xdoktor Wrote:  I too echo protocol77...if/when iPad 3 Jailbreak appears it will make my wife VERY happy...my life easier....and I will be even more happy when XBMC runs on my S Galaxy Tab 10.1!

cheers
Dok

iPad 3 jailbreak is already out.

find quote
MxChris Offline
What's out there for Android?
find quote
Ned Scott Offline
Team-XBMC Wiki Guy
(2012-06-24 19:09)MxChris Wrote:  What's out there for Android?

Someone on the forums made a nice list on the wiki: Android remotes.

find quote
pejobo Offline
Warming up this old thread - are there any experiences out there with iApps in concjunction with Frodo builds?

Official XBMC works for me, Commander crashes in "film view" and cannot show / play album titles (play whole album works), with Constellation i can only browse library but cannot play anything or display play list...

Peter
find quote