XBMC does not find NFS share on NAS occasionally (OpenELEC, Synology)
I'm a little bit in the dark.
I set up XBMC with OpenELEC. Have an Synology NAS and a share/export with NFS.
It works very smooth most of the times. But occasionally, after booting up XBMC, the NFS share is not mapped.
It dos not find TV-Shows or Movies. See log: http://paste.ubuntu.com/1051463/

What I did:
1. Switched on the Box
2. Navigated to a TV-Show.
3. Pressed play, got an error message. (How I met your mother, S05E12)
4. Tested a second episode
5. Putty on Box (more about this later)
6. Rebooted
7. Played S05E12 and it worked

I putty on the TV-Box and checked the folder /storage/mount/Movies. Normally, there is my stuff. But nothing was there.
After the reboot, all was mapped again correctly.

The times in the logs are a little odd. I booted the machine around 21:30.
Times in the log are at 20:30 at first.
Then it jumps to 22:33. (Now there are all the error message because XBMC does not finde the share)
And finally its back to 21:31 which is about right. Guess its after the reboot.

Some information:
OpenELEC 1.0.2 (XBMC-Dharma)
Synology DS411 (DSM 3.2)

Just a wild guess. Synology sends the discs to sleep and it needs some time to wake them up. Is XBMC not waking up the NAS properly?
But I have no idea why this is not happening all the time then.

Thanks for reading.

Kind Regards
My HTPC GOTO
CPU: Intel Core I3-2100 | GPU: Asus GT-430 | MOBO: Asus P8H61-M PRO Rev.3.0 | Case: MS-Tech MC-1200AN | SSD: 64GB Crucial m4

NAS
Synology DS411 | 4x WD Caviar Green 3TB

HTPC 2
APU: AMD A6-3500 HD6530D | MOBO: ASRock A75M, AMD A75 | Case: Silverstone SST-ML03B | Flash: TRANSCEND JetFlash 780 USB 3.0 16GB | 2x WD Caviar Green 3TB
Are you using an autostart.sh to connect to your nfs shares? if so you can try adding a sleep line so it doesn't try and connect right away.
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
If I remember correcty, I configured as described in http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=NFS#Synology
But I gonna back-check when I'm back at home.
My HTPC GOTO
CPU: Intel Core I3-2100 | GPU: Asus GT-430 | MOBO: Asus P8H61-M PRO Rev.3.0 | Case: MS-Tech MC-1200AN | SSD: 64GB Crucial m4

NAS

HTPC 2
APU: AMD A6-3500 HD6530D | MOBO: ASRock A75M, AMD A75 | Case: Silverstone SST-ML03B | Flash: TRANSCEND JetFlash 780 USB 3.0 16GB | 2x WD Caviar Green 3TB
You are using mounted NFS. So this is an issue which is outside of XBMC but related to OpenElec and the point when it trys to mount the nfs shares into your filesystem. You would be better asking in the openelec forum in that case.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks Memphiz. Found the following thread over at OpenELEC.tv: NFS share drops randomly
My HTPC GOTO

NAS

HTPC 2

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC does not find NFS share on NAS occasionally (OpenELEC, Synology)0