Weather Infolabels
I'm running XBMCbuntu Eden and i've got an Arduino board witch
has Temperature/Hygrometer and air pressure sensors attached.
I've found a python library to gather the information from the USB interface on the Arduino
And i would like to have my VFD display this info during XBMC-screensaver.

(1)
Since it's possible to display infolabels on my LCD/VFD the best option would be
to create extra infolabels .. e.g. infolabel.temp_inside, infolabel.temp_outside, infolabel.hygro and infolabel.airpressure

(2)
Another option would be to start a python script during the screensaver witch would display the info
and make XBMC send no info to the LCD/VFD when idle

(3)
Monitor a process to detect when the screensaver is active
I've looked at the process list, but can't find additional processes when the screensaver is active

Any suggestions ?

Update:
Found Boolean "System.ScreenSaverActive" in this link http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Lis...Conditions
Can i use this Boolean in a python add-on script ?
I would recommend writing a service addon (runs permanent in background) which gathers the needed infos and expose it via infolabel to your lcd
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
(2012-06-21, 14:03)sphere Wrote: I would recommend writing a service addon (runs permanent in background) which gathers the needed infos and expose it via infolabel to your lcd

That would be best ..
I'm new into Python so can you please give me an example on changing or adding infolabels ?
.. i could'nt find it Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weather Infolabels0