How to use Season thumbs?
I can't for my life understand how I'm supposed to use season thumbs. How am I supposed to name them? What's a tbn-file? What skins support it? Aeon MQ3?
season01.tbn
season02.tbn
etc

Placed in the TV show's folder (not in the Season 1 or Season 2 folder). All skins should support them.

XBMC Wiki:

Thumbnails#Video_Thumbnails (wiki)

These are only used on initial scraping or on refresh
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I don't get it. I simply do not understand that guide even though I read it three times before you linked it. I named the image season01.jpg. Didn't work so I tried season01.tbn. DIdn't work either. XBMC uses part of the poster in landcape mode instead of my thumbs Sad
The examples on the bottom of the wiki page don't help?
-> Did you re-scan the video source?

Maybe you should post a screenshot of your folder. That way somebody could maybe spot the issue.
(2012-06-20, 23:07)burningspear Wrote: The examples on the bottom of the wiki page don't help?
-> Did you re-scan the video source?

Maybe you should post a screenshot of your folder. That way somebody could maybe spot the issue.
Sorry. Totally forgot about this. I tried deleting and rescan the show, but it didn't help. Here's a screencap.

Did you try using english subfolder names? i.e. "Season 1" instead of "Säsong 1"?

You might also want to give a tool like "Media Companion" or similar a try. It's better than doing everything manually.
(2012-06-24, 15:04)burningspear Wrote: Did you try using english subfolder names? i.e. "Season 1" instead of "Säsong 1"?

You might also want to give a tool like "Media Companion" or similar a try. It's better than doing everything manually.

That does not matter
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-06-24, 15:22)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-06-24, 15:04)burningspear Wrote: Did you try using english subfolder names? i.e. "Season 1" instead of "Säsong 1"?

That does not matter
That's what I figured since they wouldn't have the same name either way. Also to be clear. The TBN is from the beginning a JPG that you change the extension on, right?

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
What skin are you using? Although all may support 'season' images, perhaps all views in the skin you are using don't.

'Simplicty' supports them

I don't use "tvshow.nfo" in my series folders. Maybe XBMC is reading the <thumb> tags in it. Delete the NFOs and try a rescan.
Currently using Aeon Nox. And I mean the Season Landscape thumbs.

Deleting the NFO and rescan didn't help. Sad
(2012-06-25, 22:45)Tobby Wrote: Currently using Aeon Nox.

Deleting the NFO and rescan didn't help. Sad
2 suggestions

Firstly have you asked this question on the Aeon Nox thread - might be the best place to get the answer your looking for. We all use different skins, and sometimes for something more specific it is better to ask in the appropriate place.

Secondly - paste a few screenshots of the problem - show what your seeing, for the most part a better form of troubleshooting in this scenario. Where do you expect to see this artwork - is it as with Simplicity as you drill down to the episodes (as in my screenshot)? - eg for that to become available in Simplicity you have to set the skin to use 'Posters instead of Banners for TV Shows' might there be a similar setting in Aeon Nox (try under System\Settings\Skin.
I have not asked this question in the Aeon Nox thread. But tell me a skin where you know that it does in fact work and I'll try it out.

As you can see it uses the season poster in landscape mode aswell.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to use Season thumbs?0