Item highlighting
By taking a brief look it seems that triggers are being started and the problem is in your animation's coordinates. Make a white test rectange and place it in the middle of the screen so you can test and make sure animation is behaving desired way. Replace is later and tune up with real texture you want to use in the skin.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Many thanks Pecinko

After following your suggestion and much trial and error i finally got what i want sort of lol Nod

Code:
<!--Highlight-->
            <control type="image">
                <posx>10</posx>
                <posy>70</posy>
                <width>1260</width>
                <height>60</height>
                <texture>Highlight.png</texture>
                <animation effect="slide"  end="0,0" time="10" condition="Container(9000).HasFocus(10)">conditional</animation>
                <animation effect="slide"  end="0,70" time="10" condition="Container(9000).HasFocus(11)">conditional</animation>
                <animation effect="slide"  end="0,140" time="10" condition="Container(9000).HasFocus(3)">conditional</animation>
                <animation effect="slide"  end="0,210" time="10" condition="Container(9000).HasFocus(6)">conditional</animation>
                <animation effect="slide"  end="0,280" time="10" condition="Container(9000).HasFocus(1)">conditional</animation>
                <animation effect="slide"  end="0,350" time="10" condition="Container(9000).HasFocus(4)">conditional</animation>
                <animation effect="slide"  end="0,420" time="10" condition="Container(9000).HasFocus(2)">conditional</animation>
                <animation effect="slide"  end="0,490" time="10" condition="Container(9000).HasFocus(7)">conditional</animation>
                <animation effect="slide"  end="0,490" time="10" condition="Container(9000).HasFocus(5)">conditional</animation>
            </control>

The highlight now highlights the relevant menu item as i hover over them or use the arrows to navigate them. I haven't figured out how to get the highlight to slide in from the left but this is close enough until my knowledge improves Big Grin

My next problem is how do i ensure the menu text and the focus text stay above the highlight?

Ive tried Google and looking at the wiki but i couldn't find anything to do with layers, maybe I'm looking in the wrong place or using the wrong keywords.

Pointers appreciated please.

Thanks again, getting a there slowly.

Old newbie trying his hardest to get his head around skinning lol, expect loads of questions :-)

It may be hard but the challenge of learning something new is fun :-)
Everything is rendered in the order the code is written from top to bottom.
Ah ok with that in mind i need to move the Highlight code so that appears before the code that creates the menu layout right?
Old newbie trying his hardest to get his head around skinning lol, expect loads of questions :-)

Yes.

What happens if you add something like this

<animation effect="slide" end="-1260,0" time="200" reversible="true" condition="!Control.HasFocus(9000)">conditional</animation>

My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2012-06-23, 21:32)pecinko Wrote: Yes.

What happens if you add something like this

<animation effect="slide" end="-1260,0" time="200" reversible="true" condition="!Control.HasFocus(9000)">conditional</animation>

The highlight slides out but it slides out in same spot on all menu items, that has something to do with "!Control.HasFocus(9000)" doesn't it if i understand it right, the whole id="9000" container.

Now to figure out how to convert a vertical submenu to a horizontal one Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Item highlighting0