Ghost Image XBMC
Can you image a xbmc system to a ghost image? Or use another application to create an image?

I am currency on Dharma 10.1 because I don't seem to be able to get sound working when installing 11.0 Eden. I would like to try using Eden again, but if it doesn't work out I would prefer to just to ghost back my Dharma 10.1 image rather then spending time rebuilding it.
copy the entire contents or your roaming XBMC folder to a safe place...(windows 7 assumed) or better still just rename it XBMC_Dharma, ditto for your program folder rename it. Then install EDEN as if you had a new system. If you've exported the library as separate files a scraped should bring it all back in no time. You might want to copy your user/thumbnails to Eden if they don't show up smartly. Seems there is a bit of a guide to this procedure.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=127109

Without getting too technical, you should be alright with my suggestions.... worse comes to worse, just delete Eden and rename those two folders to what they were prior... You may have a few teething issues but I would say it's a plus move.

To expand PatK's reply a bit: XBMC uses two directories. Assuming you're using Windows these are:

C:\Program Files\XBMC
%APPDATA%\XBMC

where %APPDATA% is an enviroment variable, which in Win7 this is something like C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Roaming. All your settings are kept in %APPDATA%\XBMC, so this is the only directory you need to back up. The Program Files\XBMC can be recreated just by deleting it and rerunning the installer.
Thanks for the replies.

Unfortunately I am not running XBMC within windows. I am using XBMCLive on a ASROCK ION3D.

I have FTP the .xbmc folder that was inside the home directory. I was just hoping to ghost the whole system to a external HDD instead of doing a new installed and FTP the files back.
To answer what I assume was your question. Yes.
You can image your system with the imaging program of your choice.
Clonezilla is free but acronis and norton a bit easier to use.
Cheers I will give Clonezilla ago

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ghost Image XBMC0