Playlist history
Hi,
I was wondering if it would be possible to keep a playlist history in XBMC. My friends and I usually queue up music for the night on our phones. We create 2 - 3 hour playlists as the night goes by. The problem is, if someone accidentally hits play rather than queue on their phone the playlist is erased and whatever was selected starts to play. Is it possible to autosave playlists? Alternately, if there could be a previous playlist that is auto-generated when a new playlist is created that could solve the problem. So, if I create a playlist and then play a different file a new playlist would be created (starting with the file I just selected) and the previous one would be saved where it left off. That way, I could always go back to the previous playlist and continue where I left off. This is necessary when you want to pause a playlist to watch a movie. Rather than saving every time a playlist history could be maintained.
Any thoughts?
Would anyone else like this kind of functionality?
Indeed. I'd actually like to see the whole queue/playlist feature be more prominent and intuitive in XBMC, as a lot of people don't even know about it, so it goes under used. If more people were using it then more would likely be asking for this as well :)
Yes. That would be great. I use it a ton and would love for it to be more intuitive.
(2012-06-21, 03:27)weezertom Wrote: The problem is, if someone accidentally hits play rather than queue on their phone the playlist is erased and whatever was selected starts to play.
I totally agree with this point. This happens at every party. One of the most annoying concept issues in XBMC No

My suggestion/ideas for future versions:
  • Make 'queue' as the default action when selecting a song would be the first step. (this can already be done in the current version). To play a song immediately just double click on it (internal: enqueue the song and jump to its position in the playlist and play).
  • Never clear the playlist with one button press. Only clear playlist with a seperate function in context menu. So we have a nice history.
  • Unfortunately there is no visual feedback in the song selection screen. At least showing the total count of songs in playlist would be nice. Better show the tail of the playlist (e.g. last 10 songs)
  • I wish there is only one button to toggle between playlist and file selection screen. The 'Tab'-key and 'Space'-Key are not intuitive (sometimes it toggle between pause and play or playlist and fileselector etc...Huh sorry but I don't acclimate with the logic)
Maybe someone find some of these ideas useful and integrate them into a consistent concept.
Sorry for my bad english.

Regards
Jarny
Hardware:
1) PointOfView Intel Atom 330 Mainboard
2) Scenic-PC (2.9 GHz) with onboard Intel-Graphic 915g
Hi Jarney,
Yes, I'm in the same boat. I typically have 4 or 5 people connecting at the same time using their phones to queue up songs. When someone hits the wrong button the queue is deleted. It's a pain.. a history would be really nice. I've added queue as the default action for both android and xbmc. This only becomes a problem in file mode on an android device. Although the default action is to queue on press, in file mode it will play the file and delete the queue. With Aeon, you can have a playlist widget visible. I prefer to keep the playlist hidden but it would be nice to know how long it is/when the song you're currently queuing will play. I would love it if playlists were more of a focus for the XBMC. I don't know if it would be possible, but it would be nice to have airplay songs in the queue as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playlist history1