Airplay not working
I'm recognizing the problem from OP, here's my situation:

* PC and iPad are on same subnet
* Bonjour service is running
* Firewall disabled temporarily
* Options "Receive Airplay content" and "Announce via zeroconf" are enabled in xbmc settings
* Airplay button does not appear on iPad

This fragment in the logs seems to indicate that xbmc is ready to roll:

01:24:30 T:2896 INFO: AIRPLAY Server: Successfully initialized
01:24:30 T:3484 DEBUG: ZeroconfWIN: identifier: servers.airplay type: _airplay._tcp name:XBMC (NEXUS) port:36667
01:24:30 T:3484 DEBUG: ZeroconfWIN: key:deviceid, value:1C:6F:65:87:7B:05
01:24:30 T:3700 DEBUG: Thread CAirPlayServer start, auto delete: 0
01:24:30 T:3484 DEBUG: ZeroconfWIN: key:features, value:0x77
01:24:30 T:3484 DEBUG: ZeroconfWIN: key:model, value:AppleTV2,1
01:24:30 T:3484 DEBUG: ZeroconfWIN: keyConfusedrcvers, value:101.28

I have also tried AirServer, and that one makes the Airplay button appear as soon as the server is started.
What are you trying to airplay? Video or Music?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Well, I have no clue what happened, but when I just launched xbmc all Airplay icons appeared on the iPad, and it's streaming video just perfectly. Haven't rebooted my pc or anything, perhaps only resprung my iPad.

Thanks for the quick response anyway, and cheers for this wonderful media center.
mmm, I seem to be having the same problem:

So, Airplay enabled, zeroconf enabled; Bonjour installed and confirmed is running as a service, Firewall temp disabled. Here is logfile.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=5325

I am trying to access Airplay from a iTunes on another computer on the same network. I can see Shairtunes on a linux box on the same network, but not Airplay on my XBMC server.

Any ideas?
The version (eden) you are using doesn't support airplaying music under windows. Get a nightly build if you want this feature.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Thanks Memphiz,

I tried the latest nightly build and i did manage to get xbmc to appear as an Airplay sink in iTunes.

Unfortunately i also got 'Not compatible with this version of iTunes' errors. This, together with various 'nightly build' weirdnesses and incompatibilities, induced me to fall back to the latest stable version of XBMC. For now, at least I know the reason for no Airplay is Xbmc and not some set-up thing on the rest of my system.

Airplay is great, and the WASAPI audio is going to be awesome, but i think I'll wait for the next stable release. No point in building XBMC system resentment/frustration by running a nightly build in the meantime.

The Airplay entry on the Wiki is confusing, it implies being ready in Eden, when I think what is meant is that it's only ready in Eden for Linux (and maybe Mac) but not for Windows. Any objections to me updating the Wiki?

Michael

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=AirPlay <- you mean this? It clearly states that music on windows is available since frodo/alphas.

The incompatible version thingy is most likly happening if the airplay password feature is activated (this feature has issues).
I tried the enabling/disabling passwords; enable password with empty password, etc; no difference. But I have read that some people managed to get it to work. It's just for me at this point, I prefer a stable experience.

I have updated the wiki to make it clear to me; feel free to change it back if I have broken some style/content rule.

thanks.
Thx - wiki looks good.
Well, the intro wasn't quite right. It's not that AirPlay is necessarily "in development" for Windows, but not other platforms, as much as it is that AirPlay is actually multiple parts: Music, Video, Pictures, Mirroring

With v11 (Eden) Video and Pictures should work on all platforms. Nightlies add Music for Windows, so from then on music can be added for all platforms. Then there's mirroring, which doesn't work on any version of XBMC for v11 or nightlies, etc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Airplay not working0