Windows 7 or Vista?
(2012-06-22, 19:55)GortWillSaveUs Wrote: Just be careful,..if you buy the upgrade pack,...you will not be able to do a fresh install.
You'll only be able to upgrade form some prior version of Windows.
Plus (and this is kind of obvious) you'll need to have a valid license for the version you're upgrading from.

Not true. See here: http://osgui.org/component/content/artic...ethod.html

I've done this several times with success. At no point are you prompted for old license keys or media.

(2012-06-22, 20:19)bluray Wrote: I installed this "Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Full - Branded" on three PC's, and it work flawless......it's 68 bucks. If you have kid in school, you can get W7 for free.....

Good to know. Thanks for posting this.
(2012-06-22, 20:54)Dougie Fresh Wrote: [quote='GortWillSaveUs' pid='1132722' dateline='1340387739']
Just be careful,..if you buy the upgrade pack,...you will not be able to do a fresh install.
Plus (and this is kind of obvious) you'll need to have a valid license for the version you're upgrading from.

Not true. See here: http://osgui.org/component/content/artic...ethod.html

I've done this several times with success. At no point are you prompted for old license keys or media.

Dougie: I trust you,..it's just that I don't trust Microsoft. I'm one of those "Doubting Thomas" types. I need to try it myself before I believe it can be done. Big Grin

(2012-06-22, 20:19)bluray Wrote: I installed this "Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Full - Branded" on three PC's, and it work flawless......it's 68 bucks. If you have kid in school, you can get W7 for free.....

bluray: Where or how do you order a student copy of W7? Do you have a link?

(2012-06-22, 21:34)GortWillSaveUs Wrote: bluray: Where or how do you order a student copy of W7? Do you have a link?
Ask your kid to get it from school......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-06-22, 21:34)GortWillSaveUs Wrote: Dougie: I trust you,..it's just that I don't trust Microsoft. I'm one of those "Doubting Thomas" types. I need to try it myself before I believe it can be done. Big Grin

Let go, Lonestar. Trust in da Schwartz Wink
Since day 1, every second Microsoft OS has been pretty bad. So far, it looks like 8 is following that trend.
(2012-06-22, 22:44)Dougie Fresh Wrote:
(2012-06-22, 21:34)GortWillSaveUs Wrote: Dougie: I trust you,..it's just that I don't trust Microsoft. I'm one of those "Doubting Thomas" types. I need to try it myself before I believe it can be done. Big Grin

Let go, Lonestar. Trust in da Schwartz Wink

Exactly. I just did it myself a couple months ago. Works just fine. It activated and still does all the updates no problem.
My Living Room Theater XBMC Mini-ITX Build
CASE: MI-100 - MOBO: ASRock A75M-ITX - APU: A6-3500
Kingston 4GB 1600MHz - SanDisk 128GB SSD -- DVDRW
W7 HP - Kodi 15 - Confluence | ATV1 w/BCM970015 & Crystalbuntu in the BR
(2012-06-22, 19:55)GortWillSaveUs Wrote: Just be careful,..if you buy the upgrade pack,...you will not be able to do a fresh install.

Google "Win7 Double Install Method". Works quite well and I have used it more than once.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 7 or Vista?0