PVR Client not starting
Hi guys,

Ive attempted to setup for the record on my file server so that I can access live streams on my HTPC however im having some issues. I think ive set up for the record correctly on my file server as i can get it to record streams from a channel, where I think the issue is how ive set up XBMC.

I started with a fresh install of Margros pvr build for windows. Ive enabled live tv and set up the plugin however im not sure im entering the settings correctly. Should I just be putting the IP of the file server or should it be the actual address? Ive put in the IP of the fileserver but when I click on the live tv button it tells me the pvr client has not yet started and to wait until it has.

Have I missed something?

Cheers
vh
Could be numerous things.
Ip is good to use. Is there a firewall on you fileserver that blocks communication with the pvr client?
Yeah disabled the firewall to check if that was the problem and it didnt help at all.

Any other suggestions?

Is there an easy way to check from another computer whether the server is set up correctly? Some sort of ping or something?
enable debug logging in XBMC and check xbmc.log if you don't see anything on your screen
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
Delete the tv database files.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Userdata
Did you install 4TheRecord Argus including the "UltiDev Web server" option?
Did you also enable the addon or only the global Live TV setting?
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
I have enabled the addon as well yes

Are you saying I also need to install for the record on the PC XBMC is running on? Because I had not done this.

I have no idea where the option to install the ultidev webserver is. Any help?
Actually just went through the install again and I found the Ultidev Cassini webserver, yes that was the setting I used last time
4TheRecord only has to be installed on your PVR-Server, not on your clients. All your clients need is XBMC-PVR with the 4TR-Addon. Did you probably change the ports of 4TR during installation on your server? Please also make sure to disable the firewalls (for testing) on both machines (server and client) to see if it maybe blocks the ports. If it's still not working, enable debug-log in XBMC and check the log file of XBMC like dushmaniac suggested.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR Client not starting0