• 14(current)
[RELEASE] Twitch.tv
I dunno if this is about learning python as much as it is unbinding/rebinding the keys for FF/RW and Pause to maybe go to the osd or something else.

(2013-11-08, 19:40)culprit Wrote: Is this add-on dead? I started noticing really bad stuttering lately and sometimes the add-on hangs xbmc (e.g. while accidentally pressing FF / RW).

If I was able to code I would gladly help out. Maybe it's time to learn python, but I think it would take too long to understand it good enough to contribute.
Probably, but I think the plugin needs some general adjustments, the general performance / quality could be better to some extent. My suspicion is that it has to do with the change in quality settings on Twitch's side back in august but that's just a guess.

(2013-11-08, 21:26)d2_ricci Wrote: I dunno if this is about learning python as much as it is unbinding/rebinding the keys for FF/RW and Pause to maybe go to the osd or something else.
could you integrate the lagfix which indeed fixes source and highplayback issues?

for chrome there is an addon which does it - it basically reroutes your request to the US servers if you coming from EU

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detai...iclminpjof
it looks like jtv/twitch have changed their stream protocol from rtmp to hls, anyone knowledgeable enough to write a patch?
(2013-12-15, 21:25)zoydberg Wrote: it looks like jtv/twitch have changed their stream protocol from rtmp to hls, anyone knowledgeable enough to write a patch?

The one in the repository stopped working for me. I pulled the version for their Git and it works fine now.

https://github.com/StateOfTheArt89/Twitch.tv-on-XBMC
Seems to only work for partnered streams?

Everything else comes up with an error.
(2013-12-16, 08:39)anarckie Wrote: Seems to only work for partnered streams?

Everything else comes up with an error.

Crap you're right. Guess we have to submit a bug report.
Partnered streams are not working for me now either. I guess Twitch changed their API for every kind of stream now.
Just wanted to chime in here that no streams are working for me either, but were working lastnight. I hope the author is still around so we can get this working again!
Yes, I am having the same issues. Was working last night, but not tonight. Every stream is broken (luckily all the SC2 tournaments are over for the year).
Apparently there is a bug report submitted on github and the author says he is going to try and schedule time over the holidays to try and add in support for the new streaming protocol that Twitch implemented, but his day are too packed right now.

Ouch! Let's hope he really does find time. I use this plugin ALL THE TIME.

Smile
I just saw the previous update so editing my message.
I've fixed it by cobbling together something which works. StateOfTheArt can do a much better job integrating it all, I'm sure, but I just wanted to make it work asap for myself.

I used Livestreamer (https://github.com/chrippa/livestreamer/releases) and used it to grab the new HLSS url from Twitch. Livestreamer can also deal with 20 other video sites, so making an XBMC plugin around it would be quite nice.

Here's a zip containing the edited plugin. Replace the files in your /addons/plugins.video.twitch/ folder with the files from this zip.
modified_twitch.zip

The only changes I made:
-Added livestreamer folder
-Added requests folder (dependency of livestreamer)
-Edits in twitch.py:
Add
Code:
from livestreamer import Livestreamer
Change one function:
Code:
def getRTMPUrl(self, channelName, maxQuality):
        livestreamer = Livestreamer()
        plugin = livestreamer.resolve_url("http://twitch.tv/" + channelName)
        streams = plugin.get_streams()
        stream = streams.get("source")
        RTMP_Url = stream.url
        return RTMP_Url
thank you probeh, seems to work
Thank you so much Probeh! Going to install your plugin ZIP now.

UPDATE: Installed your plugin (removed the old plugin and used the install from ZIP file feature) and TwitchTV now works perfectly. It will be nice going into the holidays that I can now use Twitch on my living room TV again!
Good idea on using livestreamer, It probably made it so much easier than rolling your own. I was thinking of taking a stab at this but I primarily program Java and PHP, and my Python knowledge is non-existent.

Thanks again!
The streams work with your fix, but they're way choppier compared to normal. looks like they're running at half fps
edit: hmm maybe it was only happening for a little while on a few streams? appears to not be happening now, odd.
it looks like randomly some streams are worse quality than their web browser counterparts.I was watching saintvicious's stream and it was running at like 15 fps maybe, no dropped frames or anything, but once I opened it on the web browser it appeared to run correctly in there. Other streams appear fine so far.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Twitch.tv8