Replacing broken AllMusic addon
I am continually getting a popup telling me that 'AllMusic is broken, would i like to remove it from the repository?'
Clicking either yes or no seems to have no effect - it pops up again 20 seconds later.

I read that the AllMusic addon really is broken.

* There seems to be no way to disable it by clicking 'yes'.
* AllMusic is the only available service for album information, so i cant deselect it.I'd like to install an alternative, but I have issues with the addon repository..
* The add-on repository seems broken too - I can navigate to addons to install, but clicking them has no effect. Has anyoen else seen this? How can I troubleshoot it? Can I view/edit the URL used for the repository?
* Can anyone give me the location of a zip file containing an alternative to AllMusic that i can use?

I am using Dharma 10.1
The addon repository is entirely empty for Eden 11.0 - is this usual? Anyway this has prevented me from upgrading.
(2012-06-23, 01:20)madcart Wrote: The addon repository is entirely empty for Eden 11.0 - is this usual?
Welcome to the XBMC forums. No, that's not usual.
  • Where in XBMC were you looking for add-ons?
  • Were you running XBMC 11.0 in "live" mode or did you install it when you were looking for add-ons?
  • Which operating system were you using (Linux, Windows XP/Vista/7, IOS, etc.)?
  • Which version of XBMC were you using (stable, nightlie, XBMCbuntu, OpenELEC, etc.)?
Thanks for replying artafael

>> Where in XBMC were you looking for add-ons?
System -> Add-ons ; then navigate to XBMC.org Add-ons
>> Were you running XBMC 11.0 in "live" mode or did you install it when you were looking for add-ons?
Installed
>> Which operating system were you using (Linux, Windows XP/Vista/7, IOS, etc.)?
Windos XP
>> Which version of XBMC were you using (stable, nightlie, XBMCbuntu, OpenELEC, etc.)?
Stable
I figured out the issue - my SQLlite addons database was corrupted.
That explains why:
1) It was impossible to permanently switch off AllMusic - the update to the DB failed and it remained enabled.
2) I saw no addons in the System -> Add-ons section; when it downloaded the new list and tried to insert the entries in the DB, every insert failed.

I reverted the database from a backup and order was restored.
I'm now upgraded to 11.0 (dsplayer) too.
I am also a new XBMC user. I recently loaded a fresh installation of 11.0 on a new PC (running Windows 7). The Allmusic scraper is listed as broken, and cannot be uninstalled or otherwise altered to change that status.

For options (for the less tech savvy) would a fresh installation of Allmusic (exlcuding any other scraper add-on) enable a working version of Allmusic?

Is there a working version of the Allmusic that can be downloaded from a site? If so, where could I find? Google searches amounted to nothing.

Any other suggestion is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Replacing broken AllMusic addon0