Movies belonging to multiple sets, or similar functionality
Is it possible to have a movie included in multiple sets? My library is fairly substantial, and browsing through them can become challenging if you don't know what you're looking for.

For example, today, my wife was looking for an animated movie for my daughter to watch. She didn't know which, but wanted a musical one as the little girl loves musicals. My movies are currently organized into sets via the MovieDB scraper, and I like them like that. However, I'd really like to have another way to group movies.

For example, be able to browse the full collection as normal, but be able to choose just Animated Movies, for example.

So, my Shrek movies would still be in the Shrek Collection set, but also reside in the Animated Movies set. I could do the same with my collection of cheesy 80's and 90's action movies, for example!

Regardless, the solution needs to be elegant and wife-friendly (read: Just Work without drilling through menus). Putting movies into multiple sets is her suggestion, though I'm not sure if that's possible. Any ideas?
Please don't use sets for this. It works, but it may not work in the future, as multiple sets per movie is something that *may* not stick around.

You want a generic "tag" type thing instead which isn't currently possible.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

For that you want something like genres. TheMovieDB has guidelines to discourage things like an Animated Movie set, since they're meant for movies that are directly related (squeals, etc), but some people keep making them even though they get deleted later on.
(2012-06-23, 05:09)Ned Scott Wrote: For that you want something like genres. TheMovieDB has guidelines to discourage things like an Animated Movie set, since they're meant for movies that are directly related (squeals, etc), but some people keep making them even though they get deleted later on.

and I keep removing those movieset on themoviedb.org so don't even try to make them Wink

You can make a smartplaylist that filters content on "animated" (or something simulair). This will only show those movies.
Some skins let you make a custom menu item which can use that smartplaylist.
Or you could add it to favourites and acces it that way
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-06-23, 05:09)jmarshall Wrote: Please don't use sets for this. It works, but it may not work in the future, as multiple sets per movie is something that *may* not stick around.

I hope this does stick around. I agree the OP should rather stick with genres for his application, but there are legit reasons for having movies in multiple sets. An example would be Alien(s) vs Predator. These can belong to either the Alien, Predator or AVP sets, but ideally the first two (IMHO)
I too use multiple sets in some circumstances. For example, I'm a fan of rifftrax and put all movies which has such audio tracks in a rifftrax set even if they are already part of some other set since there's no way to create a smartlist for this (as far as I know).
It will not be sticking around, I can guarantee that. There will be something else in place though to compensate though.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies belonging to multiple sets, or similar functionality0