Ok, I love CrystalHD and XBMC, but am I missing something?
So back in the day i ran XBMC of the orignal Xbox and it was great for me and I enjoyed figuring out issues. That was before getting married and having a 3 year old. So now, i'm looking to give my wife an easy solution to play movies for my kid. I'm trying to replace our WDTV streaming player. So my biggest issues is trying to figure out how to get all my movies to play as english as a default. I know how to change it, but my wife was sitting for me tonight and she had to watch 2 movies with my son in french, which is great from an educational perspective, but sucks in general. Is there anyway to set everything to US Englist? I've done everything I can in the International and Subtile setting to no avail. I want to make this work, but WDTV is so much more user (wife) friendly. Also, is there an easy way to repackage 1080p avis as .mvks?

Thanks so much!!
There's good news and complicated news. The good news is nightly builds have added the option of setting language preferences for audio and subtitle files, so you don't have to manually set it in each file. The complicated news is that the only way for your ATV1 to run a nightly build is to run linux on it. Notice I say "complicated" and not "bad". At the same time, it's not really that complicated, and in the end results in a much better XBMC machine (I love my ATV1 + BCHD + Crystalbuntu (wiki)).

You should be able to remux the files to MKVs using something like MKVtools.
I'm using Crystalbuntu too.
Oh, fantastic!

In that case I would check out http://stmlabs.com to see if anyone has posted instructions on downloading a nightly build for Crystalbuntu. It probably has to be compiled, but there's a good chance that someone has already done this and has the binary available for others to use.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ok, I love CrystalHD and XBMC, but am I missing something? 0