(SHAVED) XBMC hangs on startup
Hi everybody!

I've been using XBMC for a while now without issue, but recently thought I'd start experimenting with some of the more advanced features.
So over the past few days, I've set up a shared library with MySQL (Using a PC, iPad & laptop) and have also shared the thumbnails.

This morning I began playing with airplay - which seemed to work great. And then, 1/2 way through watching a short video, XBMC crashed, and now it just hangs in when started.

I already had debugging enabled, as I had some problems with the shared thumbnails\fan art (now resolved). The last lines of the log file says:
19:07:34 T:4948 ERROR: CRemoteControl::Connect - failed to connect
19:07:34 T:4948 INFO: CRemoteControl:Tonguerocess - failed to connect to irss, will keep retrying every 5 seconds

A google search helped me find a thread where people reported the same issue, and the cause appeared to be disc imaging utilities such as Daemon. Anyway, I've followed all the steps in the other thread with no success.

Full log file:http://pastebin.com/sHs3pdDm
Advanced Settings: http://pastebin.com/MvWDMKXr

Would appreciate any suggestions - thanks. EDIT: Added info.
>>Bump!?

Can anyone offer any idea's at all?
I've tried everything I can think of and it's made no difference.
So it doesn't start at all now? Just on the one PC, or on all XBMC clients?

The only thing I can really think of would be to clear out your userdata (wiki) folder (except your advancedsetting.xml file) and see if that clears out a corrupt file or DB.
The CRemoteControl::Connect errors are a red herring. They are just XBMC looking for some software called IR Server Suite (IRSS) and the errors are XBMC reporting that IRSS isn't running. I get exactly the same CRemoteControl::Connect errors in my xbmc.log.

It looks as if XBMC is hanging while trying to load the skin. This is not the same as the problem in the other thread you referred to. You could try Ned's suggestion.
Thank you - Problem solved Smile

Cleared userdata, restarted. Fully functional. How odd!

Thanks again.
That's great! Can you please edit the title of this thread and add "(Solved)"? Thanks.
"(SHAVED) XBMC hangs on startup"? (thread title)... Don't they usually shave the head of a condemned prisoner for the electric chair rather than for hanging? Smile

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(SHAVED) XBMC hangs on startup0