I’ve been working on a personal mod that I initially didn’t want to make public mainly because I don’t have the time to support it. But I’ve seen that a couple of other mods have been released recently and so I thought that I should release mine so other modders and users can benefit from it.
The main thing I’ve changed is the homescreen menu. Instead of two levels there are now three. Movies and TV Shows can now be found under videos. I’ve made the corresponding changes to the home home menu editor so you can still enable/disable individual menus.
- Changed the OSD to the experimental PVR OSD. Credit goes to Drae
- Replaced most of the zoom animations with slide animation and sped them up a little bit
- Added an option that allows you to go straight back to the homescreen instead of the root menu (enable this in the skin setting)
- Added stuff like Studios, Movie sets, etc. to the home menu editor
- Added a smart playlist called “Recently aired” that shows all episodes from the past 14 days in the order they aired (IMO much more useful than “New episodes” which just lists new episodes in the Database)
- Added support for script.xbmc.intro.movie
- Added “music” and “video” to addons sub menu
- Added Galefury’s color themes
There are a couple of other small changes.
For a full changelog go to my GitHub repo
- Make PVR OSD optional
- Add clearart, logos, etc. to OSD
- There are probably a couple of bugs that need to be ironed out
Things I would like to do that I’m lacking the skill to do so:
- Add support for the Movie Sets Addon
- Add support for the Actors Metadata Addon
- Add a games view for Advanced Launcher
I also really like Sabish’s ReAlaska Mods and intend to add them to my mod but I haven’t looked at the code yet so I don’t know how hard it would be to implement them.
I’ll try to do my best to support this mod but I should probably mention that I work around 15 hours per day and I don’t really have much time to take care of this thing. That being said I would appreciate it if you could post any bugs you find on my Github repo. I’ll try to take care of them as soon as possible.