Win Scraping and Menu Questions
Good day,

XBMC has just been brought to my attention, can't believe I haven't discovered this lovely piece of software earlier. I'm currently switching my media machines from Windows Media Center to XMBC, it's mostly gone smoothly. I'm storing all my media on a NAS and having the media centers read from that. I've only come across two issues that I can't seem to nut out; using the Transparency skin, by the way.

Firstly, it seems that most of my TV series are being scanned in properly, except for Star Trek. I'm assuming this is because I'm storing the episodes in "\series\Star Trek\TOS\Season 1", "\series\Star Trek\Voyager\Season 1", etc. Basically, it pops 'Star Trek' under TV Series and scans in The Original Series in a few times and then calls it a day. I've worked around this by adding the "\Star Trek" folder in as a separate source, but upon every boot up it scans again and pops the Original Series in a couple of times again. Is there a way to exclude that folder without everything else being excluded too?

Next, I'm trying to add a Menu item called 'Animation'. I was going to just replace the 'Videos' menu by modifying the .xml in Languages, but wasn't sure if replacing the word 'Video' would replace it everywhere in XBMC or just the menu.

Anyways, that enough of my ramblings, thanks for reading.
You're going to want to name the folders like this

series/Star Trek/Star Trek TOS/Season 1/

series/Star Trek/Star Trek Voyager/Season 1/

etc.

Remove the separate source you made just for the Star Trek folder.

Under "Files" go into the original source you made for TV shows and find the Star Trek folder and bring up the contextual menu (press C) and "Set content" on that folder. This will let you do what you were doing with the second source, but without having duplicates.

Be sure to check out our wiki guide if you have any other problems adding shows to the library: Adding videos to the library (wiki)

Since you are using the Transparency skin then you don't need to modify any .xml files. Transparency includes custom menu options in the skin settings (Settings -> Skin).
Welcome to the forums

For your scraping issue, the rule of thumb is always follow the exact name of the show as shown in the tvdb. In your exmaple you have a superfluous additional folder level which isn't needed for the scrape.

Name them

series\Star Trek\Season 1\s01e01, s01e02 etc
and
series\Star Trek Voyager\Season 1\s01e01, s01e02 etc

FYI here is how Star Trek series are named http://thetvdb.com/index.php?string=star...ion=Search

I think you can add menu items (dependent on skin) from the skin menu in system\settings\skin
Thanks guys, apparently hadn't quite wrapped my head around the naming conventions. I'll use "series/Star Trek/Star Trek Voyager/Season 1/", make sense that that would work! For some reason I thought it'd grab the parent directory.

I actually didn't know you could browse TVDB like that. That's a tone for your help.
If you've got it that way and it works for you, though I don't think it will, then OK.

As far as I know xbmc scrapers search on the Series Name Folder, which in your case will be the folder below the 'series' folder, which as I've already pointed out isn't the name of the series on the tvdb - the series names are Star Trek (for the Original series) and Star Trek Voyager for the other, both of which should reside immediately below the 'series' folder (if that is the folder you have set the content on) - this is borne out by the link provided by Ned.
It will work if he "sets content" on the sub folder, even if the parent folder also has "set content". It's not really well explained on the Wiki yet.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraping and Menu Questions0