Win Sound problems over HDMI
Music 
I have a problem with XBMC on my new computer, hoping someone here can be helpful Smile

The problem is I can't get sound through HDMI from the laptop to the tv

I have a brand new laptop (Acer Aspire V3-771G), which I reformatted and installed Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. Apart from the basic drivers, steam and XBMC, there's not much installed on the laptop. have tried playing around with the sound settings in the program, but it doesn't seem to help me. Either I get sound to come out on the laptop or there's no sound at all

Another sound related problem is that on some videoes there's no sound, even though the codec is installed. When I play this video in for example Windows Media Player, the video plays with sound, but when I play this specific video in XBMC it comes up with the error failed to initialize sound

Anybody here who can help?
Nobody who has any idea what could be the problem here?
Found a solution for the second problem, where some videos didn't have any sound in XBMC, but worked fine in Windows Media Player. The solution is:

Go to System | Settings | System
Select Audio output
Uncheck Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver

Set the "Audio Output: to "Analog" if it isn't already
So I hear I can run xbmc off my old commodore 64.

Pretty cool......pretty really cool
Most of this is part & parcel with your video driver and if it supports HDMI audio, if you can get audio output through the HDMI (play a little music) and switch your display using the Win+P key to make the secondary display primary while the music is playing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound problems over HDMI0