• 5(current)
New Fork: Voice Control For XBMC Remote
Hey jblance,
you are correct! When I wrote this originally, I chose option 2, and expanded the http api to support searching by those things. Now we will have expand the json api in the same way.

I don't really want to do option 1 from a performance point of view for people with large libraries (esp. music) and slow phones.

I will take a look at those two commits a little later this week.

Catchya!
OK I was missing something...

It seems 'filter' is implemented for the jsonapi
Code:
'{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.GetMovies", "params": { "filter": { "field": "title", "operator": "contains", "value": moviename }  }, "id": 1}'
will do the search we are looking for...
It looks like:
Code:
return getMovies(manager, obj().p("filter", obj().p("field", "title").p("operator","contains").p("value", moviename)), sortBy, sortOrder, hideWatched);

Does the searching we need, however at the moment the speech recognition results are not being activated on selection....

Moving forward (slowly though)

Committed to my repo, but still not complete
Good Job jblance. Are you working in your fork off of tombriden or did you do the merge in niftydudes fork? Let me know if I can help with anything. After we get the merge stable I will add in my code for the home screen widget.
Thanks

I forked freezy's new branch 'tombridenmerge' which I think is the latest Frodo compatible version
I then merged niftydudes stuff
It is all currently in my master branch https://github.com/jblance/android-xbmcremote.git

Last commit has got the JSON API filter sorted (but only for getMovies so far) - this seems to work for me (thought it wasnt, but it was user error Blush ), so I will look at replicating this for the other required functions next

I havent pushed to nifty's repo at this stage - will wait till he's had a look

Happy to pull in stuff, so it is all ready for nifty's repo if you want
Hey guys,
internet is patchy where I am right now, so I can't really look at anything till I get home in February.
Feel free to commit into my repo - you both should have access. If anything goes too bad we can always roll back to one of the previous labels.
hi guys, is there a place where i can download a recent version of the modded remote? i'm on frodo and i would like to try this feature but i'm not able to find a .apk to to this.
thanks a lot
peppe
I would just like to say I am really liking where all this work is going. I'm running Frodo so for the time being I can't use this. Thank you for all your work.
Yeah I'm subscribed to the thread so that I can keep an eye on progress. I'm on frodo too.

Kudos to each of you working on this.
For Frodo users interested in the Voice Control, there is an interim APK at https://www.dropbox.com/s/88chjo657h51qz...e-0105.apk

It is still pretty alpha - so use at your own risk.

Enjoy
John
Sorry guys I have not been around in awhile, shortly after getting laid off I landed a Systems Developer gig. Now that I am up to speed there I should be around more. jblance where are you at with stuff and things? Anything you need me to get on and start attacking? Also is nifftydude back is the hizzy? Also where are your new changes, are you using your fork or niftydude's. Thanks
Hi - good to hear that you got a job so quickly!

Im still using my fork at https://github.com/jblance/android-xbmcremote

APK at https://www.dropbox.com/s/88chjo657h51qz...e-0105.apk is based of my fork which has niftydudes work incorporated

I've not had a lot of time later either, I have some display issues with the ListView at the moment, but grab the source or APK and have a play first
Thanks jblance! Just tried this out and its actually works quite well and is surprisingly useful.

Observation:
When exiting out of "voice mode" by using the back key, it goes all the way back to then main menu. I would suspect the expected behavior is to return to the remote.

Suggestion for playing tv shows.
Since most will not know what episode they want I would suggest "play latest breaking bad" and it will play the latest episode or latest unwatched. Only other option I could think of is just to navigate directly to the show's season list with a different command, of course then you would need to select the episode manually.
(2013-03-09, 23:13)bnevets27 Wrote: Thanks jblance! Just tried this out and its actually works quite well and is surprisingly useful.

Observation:
When exiting out of "voice mode" by using the back key, it goes all the way back to then main menu. I would suspect the expected behavior is to return to the remote.

Suggestion for playing tv shows.
Since most will not know what episode they want I would suggest "play latest breaking bad" and it will play the latest episode or latest unwatched. Only other option I could think of is just to navigate directly to the show's season list with a different command, of course then you would need to select the episode manually.

Hi,
Good to hear it is working (thanks go to niftydude, as it is his work)

How do you get to voice mode - do you go via the remote and then the menu?
Do you get the instructions overlaying themselves after multiple voice commands?

play latest and perhaps play next (for the next episode that is unwatched?) are good ideas
Quote:How do you get to voice mode - do you go via the remote and then the menu?
Yes. Is there another way to initiate voice mode?
Quote:Do you get the instructions overlaying themselves after multiple voice commands?
Yes they do. If you rotate the screen then it clears them.
Quote:play latest and perhaps play next (for the next episode that is unwatched?) are good ideas
Yeah, for the next episode that is unwatched. Watched flags aren't prefect though so not everyone will be able to use that command effectively.

Thanks niftydude for you work!
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Fork: Voice Control For XBMC Remote2