• 6(current)
New Fork: Voice Control For XBMC Remote
The new fork works well for Movies, but seems to crash anytime I give it any sort of music request.

Thanks for keeping this project alive Big Grin

Here are a few suggestions I gave before that would be extremely awesome if implemented.

(2012-09-04, 02:23)Bankin Wrote: Few features that would be awesome:

1. quicker access to voice control. A widget I could place on my homescreen would be crazy awesome but if nothing else I feel that voice control should be accessible from the menu screen. I shouldn't have to go to remote control > settings > voice control. in many cases, its faster to just find the film manually.

2. play most recent episode of (insert show here)

3. play artist

4. play playlist (insert playlist here)

5. Go to TV Show (insert show here)

Thanks again for all the great work!
(2013-03-12, 18:44)Bankin Wrote: The new fork works well for Movies, but seems to crash anytime I give it any sort of music request.

Here are a few suggestions I gave before that would be extremely awesome if implemented.

1. quicker access to voice control. A widget I could place on my homescreen would be crazy awesome but if nothing else I feel that voice control should be accessible from the menu screen. I shouldn't have to go to remote control > settings > voice control. in many cases, its faster to just find the film manually.

3. play artist

OK, new APK at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hpr066toa5fkt...e-0106.apk (old link now removed) with a few fixes:
- attempted to get music working
- added option to have voice control on main menu (may require restarting app and some crossing of fingers...)

Haven't had a chance to look at additional voice commands as suggested yet...

Also not sure on what the result should be when 'play song blah' matches multiple songs (or tvshows or movies) - I'm thinking either a list of options or a playlist with all matches in it

Plenty to look at and so little time :-)

jb
Hey guys, im trying the new apk out.. much better than the previous version, have a tiny request the next time you get time too look at it, the thing is if i say "play album brothers" the black keys album starts playing fine.. the problem is if i then say "play song jailbreak" it doesnt start the ac/dc song but instead queues it at the end of the album playlist..
Any chance you could have a look at it please ?
(2013-03-13, 13:11)Mrmills Wrote: Hey guys, im trying the new apk out.. much better than the previous version, have a tiny request the next time you get time too look at it, the thing is if i say "play album brothers" the black keys album starts playing fine.. the problem is if i then say "play song jailbreak" it doesnt start the ac/dc song but instead queues it at the end of the album playlist..
Any chance you could have a look at it please ?

is that behaviour different compared to clicking on the ac/dc song whilst the brothers album is playing?

reason i ask is because there is an xbmc setting where you choose whether to play or queue songs. so i thought it might be worth checking if that was your problem.
Just checked.. have that setting set to play both on xbmc and in the remote app..
And when chosing the jailbreak track while playing the other album, the track starts fine. Both in xbmc and on the remote.
Just not when using voice
(2013-03-13, 11:50)jblance Wrote:
(2013-03-12, 18:44)Bankin Wrote: The new fork works well for Movies, but seems to crash anytime I give it any sort of music request.

3. play artist

OK, new APK at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hpr066toa5fkt...e-0106.apk (old link now removed) with a few fixes:
- attempted to get music working
- added option to have voice control on main menu (may require restarting app and some crossing of fingers...)

Haven't had a chance to look at additional voice commands as suggested yet...

Also not sure on what the result should be when 'play song blah' matches multiple songs (or tvshows or movies) - I'm thinking either a list of options or a playlist with all matches in it

Plenty to look at and so little time :-)

jb

Really digging the new app! keep it up Big Grin
@Bankin - thanks

New APK uploaded at https://www.dropbox.com/s/pnucavkc68nx0s...e-1107.apk

Changes:
- added "play next <tvshow>" - play the next unwatched episode of a show (or first show that matches the search term)
- added "play latest <tvshow>" - play the most recent episode of a show (or first show that matches the search term)

Have a play - if you dare....

jb
(2013-04-02, 10:05)jblance Wrote: @Bankin - thanks

New APK uploaded at https://www.dropbox.com/s/pnucavkc68nx0s...e-1107.apk

Changes:
- added "play next <tvshow>" - play the next unwatched episode of a show (or first show that matches the search term)
- added "play latest <tvshow>" - play the most recent episode of a show (or first show that matches the search term)

Have a play - if you dare....

jb

The latest update broke the voice features all together (nothing works at all unfortunately)

Restarted my phone and xbmc, still broken. Bummer :/
Hmmm, definite bummer (it seems to work ok for me with Frodo 12.1 and CyanogenMod 10.1 - what versions are you running?)

Where does it break? Does the whole app crash, or is there an error trying to go to Voice control?
Does the list of supported commands and the voice button show?

Any chance of a debug log?

Previous version is still available at https://www.dropbox.com/s/15i6le4da6n0un...e-0106.apk

jb
(2013-04-02, 21:44)jblance Wrote: Hmmm, definite bummer (it seems to work ok for me with Frodo 12.1 and CyanogenMod 10.1 - what versions are you running?)

Where does it break? Does the whole app crash, or is there an error trying to go to Voice control?
Does the list of supported commands and the voice button show?

Any chance of a debug log?

Previous version is still available at https://www.dropbox.com/s/15i6le4da6n0un...e-0106.apk

jb

running frodo 12.1 and Jellybean on a Galaxy s3. The app doesnt crash the commands just don't work anymore. we still have the voice section, with the supported commands and everything, even the suggested results when you say something. clicking those does nothing as well.
OK, so that sounds like everything is working except the actual 'doing'

What commands have you tried (what is the suggested results showing)?

A debug log would really help
Otherwise I might try to make the results clickable, with a debug dialog....

Thanks for your help
jb
(2013-04-03, 03:55)jblance Wrote: OK, so that sounds like everything is working except the actual 'doing'

What commands have you tried (what is the suggested results showing)?

A debug log would really help
Otherwise I might try to make the results clickable, with a debug dialog....

Thanks for your help
jb

do you need a debug dialog from the phone or xbmc?

I tried again this morning with limited success. Play recent archer worked, so did the standard commands (play pause stop etc) but playing movies via voice no longer works.
OK, it seems like I broke searching on multiple word titles...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wvw2a4xwlv0ahi...e-1109.apk should fix this and incorporates the latest changes from the freezy master (I have not fully tested the freezy changes though)

jb
(2013-04-17, 12:03)jblance Wrote: OK, it seems like I broke searching on multiple word titles...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wvw2a4xwlv0ahi...e-1109.apk should fix this and incorporates the latest changes from the freezy master (I have not fully tested the freezy changes though)

jb

Really diggin the new build! played just about everything I asked it to (still trips up over special characters but I can't get mad at the app for not playing les mis right away ;D)

Thanks again for the continued support on the app! I'm really hoping for a widget next so voice commands can be executed from the home screen ^^
Sorry I have been MIA, the new job has been keeping me busy. I have some time until I get approval on a large project to reclaim some free time. I just reconfigured my Dev environment and cloned your repo jblance. My main focus will be the widget (I had a pretty awsome on working on an older version). I have four goals I will be looking to get done in the next few months:
1) adding a 1x1 widget to launch directly into the voice command screen from the home screen.
2) adding a button on the "Remote Layout" to launch the voice command screen directly from there.
3) the same functionality as above but for the remote home screen widget
4) make a larger remote homescreen widget that takes up an entire home screen on a note 2....the current one is throwing off my feng shui.
Let me know if anyone has any recomendations or requests I will see what I can do.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Fork: Voice Control For XBMC Remote2