• 2(current)
New Fork: Voice Control For XBMC Remote
Hi Limx:
I'll take a look at maybe doing a continuous mode listening feature for dock mode (it would certainly drain lots of battery if it wasn't in the dock). However, I'm not 100% sure if Google's voice recognition api allows this - their servers might kick us off if you start a connection to their server and hold it open for too long.

I do like the idea of a continuously listening feature. In a couple of years when phones get powerful enough and we can do the voice recognition on the phone instead of in the cloud, we'll have the opportunity to replace the google voice api with a port of something like pocketsphinx, which will make continuous mode easier.

Hey Skabyss: don't know much about the xbmc nightlies- I'm running xbmc version 11. But if the remote isn't even listing albums, you are probably right that there might be some issue with the nightly builds.

Been a bit busy lately, but hopefully will have a new alpha out with a couple of new features in a fortnight or so.
Thanks for the effort! I'm pretty excited about this project.. But like another user said, you should check out voxcommando too as it can accept text strings over a network and interpret them into actions.
Thanks for the suggestion, I had a look at voxcommando, unfortunately it is Windows only.

I use Linux on my htpcs. The reason I do this is because Linux comes with music player daemon (mpd) and pulseaudio. Using these two things together gives me the ability to play the same music perfectly synchronized across the network in different rooms. This is something that is an absolute killer app for me, and I have no idea how to do it as easily in Windows (if at all)

Linux also has other advantages, but that is the main one I wouldn't be willing to give up.

So a Windows only solution like voxcommando is not really an option for me.

I agree I rather have a cross platform app. I have windows, linux, ios and osx machines in my house.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
This is true, I had forgotten it was a windows only app.. But I did buy the software so maybe I'll go kick sand at the dev. until he opens things up more Smile
@niftydude - I recently started a similar project for myself and upon researching I found this thread. Awesome - no need to reinvent the wheel. I look forward to checking out this fork.
all i can say is WOW what a very cool idea unfortunately i cant test at the min as im waiting for my htc one x to come back from repair but the day its back (hopefully will be in the next couple of weeks) i will be testing this for sure!!!
real good work my friend and for this i thank you

all the best

paul
(2012-06-25, 12:03)Wanilton Wrote: VoxCommando is a speech recognition and command utility (...)
Problem is, that you'll need a dedidacted mic and I really have no interest in having my headset on me at all times Wink. I tried a few solutions where my phone would act as a microphone but the results were horrible, it was barely usable at all.
Using the voice API by Google has some advantages.
With the release of Jelly Bean (Android 4.1) the speech recognition also got a LOT better. And I mean a LOT. This will help when using this app (which i am pretty excited about Smile )

Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

voice recognition works great Smile a very nice alpha, one thing i would like to see later on is another way of getting to the click me button. having the app on the remote it takes 2 clicks to get to the click me button and when finished 2 again to get back to the remote.. any way to have an extra button on the remote or to asign the powerrbutton to do the same as the click me button?
for me seeing the results after speaking isnt that important if that would cause problems when having it on the remote itself.
@niftydude Bram in another thread is also working on a fork of freezy's maybe you guys should work together so we can have one app with all the options. Just a thought.
Intel® Quad Core i5 Sandybridge @3.40GHz | ASRock Z775 Mobo 8GB DDR3 Ram | Logitech K400 Keyboard |
| Logitec Harmony 550 Remote| 46' Samsung LCD TV | Onkyo TX-S605 w/ Bose 5.1 Surround
Hi all i seem to be having problems when i click on voice commannd it says

Recognizer not present

Cheers Sami[/u]
Hi all finally sort above issue

My issue now is when i speak (play movie Battleships)
all it does is give me a list the fist one says play movie Battleships but nothing happens

Can anyone help ive installed Alpha 2

Cheers
Hey dibsta .. I'm pretty sure niftydude is still on holiday.. I'm sure he will have a look once he gets back..

Btw. Isn't the movie called battleship and not battleships ?
(2012-08-22, 22:39)Mrmills Wrote: Hey dibsta .. I'm pretty sure niftydude is still on holiday.. I'm sure he will have a look once he gets back..

Btw. Isn't the movie called battleship and not battleships ?

Your correct typo error still does not work
cheers Sami
Hi all tried again today and boom its working

Cheers Sami

• 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Fork: Voice Control For XBMC Remote2