need help with new setup
OK so here's the deal, you know how your always wanting to change things up? Well that's what I have done and got a bit of a pickle going on. First I want to say I am VERY new to the Linux and Ubuntu world so be gentle. What I have is a Intel sandy bridge G620 CPU in a ASUS P8H67-m PRO motherboard. I have successfully installed Ubuntu along with XBMC. I have also tried playing a movie or two from my unraid server via LAN and to say the least the quality of video and audio were worse than terrible. The video was very choppy and sound was not even close to being in sync. I have searched the web/forums and have not found what I need. Which is a straight forward step by step how to resolve my problems. Not even sure if I have the right setup for what I'm looking to do. I'm just looking to have a non windows media player that will boot to xbmc so my kids and family wont screw everything up. I have been using a WDTV live and my library has outgrown the capabilities of it and thought what the hell I need a cooler media player. Please feel free to PM me or give me any direction you may feel is worth while.

Thanks so much!
What kind of file are you playing, and what kind of graphics card do you have?
Contribute to TheTVDB.com - The Online TV Database
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

If you copy the file from your server to your XBMC system's local drive and play the local copy, does the playback quality improve or is it the same?
Flip
Thanks for the reply I was starting to get nervous. As far as a graphics card it is integrated in the sandy bridge CPU. As far as a GPU it is in the motherboard and I think is crossfirex? I'm going to be doing some more digging on this thing tonight after work to see if I can't get it all figured out. Thanks again for the reply and hope this helps.
Art
Thanks for your reply aswell. I'm going to try that after work and see if it helps I'll keep you guys posted on what comes about. I'm sure this is something minor but being new to the Linux thing I'm not sure about all this coding stuff and it seams everyone is talking in code to me at the moment. Lol. Thanks again!
Ok so I copied a movie right to the desktop and tried playing from there. It seems I can only play 720p and higher without stuttering. I have read a few other post about some video drivers or cards not working till the video is at 720 or higher. Is this correct and what might I do to solve this problem? Thanks guys!
bump. Any help with this please? Not sure what to do to help this. I'm getting around 24fps.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
need help with new setup0