Disable Season Thumbnails
Hi, apologies if this has been covered somewhere. I did a few searches and couldn't find anything.

I would like to do one of two things:

A) Disable scraping of season images from thetvdb. I still want episode thumbs just not season images. Not fussed either way about top level show posters.

or

B) Disable use of season level images.

The default behaviour if there is no season image available is to show the main show poster. This is what I want to happen for all of my shows regardless of whether season images are available.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Why?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-06-25, 02:12)jmarshall Wrote: Why?

Because the quality of season images for the vast majority of shows is just really bad. I don't know if I'm just too much of a perfectionist but it really irritates me.
In general season poster are exactly the same quality as the tvshow posters and just contain some "season..." text.

The episode image are the real crappy ones.

You can disable season by changing "flatten tv shows -> always" in settings
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-06-25, 10:35)Martijn Wrote: In general season poster are exactly the same quality as the tvshow posters and just contain some "season..." text.

The episode image are the real crappy ones.

You can disable season by changing "flatten tv shows -> always" in settings

That's the thing though, someone just overlays some season text over a random tv show poster. Half the time its an image from a completely different season of the show or something. And then for more obscure shows or older shows theyre just pixelated dvd cover scans. I went through a period of creating the images myself but I just don't have time to do it for my entire collection.

Like I said it's probably just me being too much of a perfectionist but I can't help it!

And thanks for the tip but I don't want to remove season level completely, just the images. I want the default behaviour of using the tv show image in place of season images which I can achieve at the moment by manually selecting no thumb for each season but that takes a long time and the season images are automatically grabbed again every time a new episode is scanned.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2012-06-25, 11:49)pecinko Wrote: .

That's some solid advice! haha
I was going to propose flattening but saw Matijn already did.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I think he means the quality of work, not the quality of the image (from a technical standpoint).

Currently there is no control/option for this, so there isn't anything that will be easier than manually setting the thumbs, at least for the time being. It might not be a bad idea to make this a feature request. I can see other reasons to want this, like when you only have so much memory for fanart (like the ATV2) and you only care about the show art but not the season art. We can exclude other things, like actor thumbs, so having an option like this isn't that strange.
Yeah I use some sort of list view for seasons usually and I just want to see the show poster next to the list of seasons.

Manually setting them all to no thumb isn't too much of a problem initially but having to do it after every new episode gets scanned would become annoying fast.

Another thing I tried was to just duplicate the show image for all of the seasonxx.tbn files but then I get the annoying fade out and back in when I scroll down the list. I guess I could get rid of the fade by messing with the skin xmls but that would probably affect the fade in my movies list as well.

There seems to be a few ways to sort of achieve what I want but none of them are without compromise.
Maybe post in the skin you're using thread for where to change all "SeasonThumb" to "TVShowThumb" in whatever list view you use (.xml files within addons>skin.aeon.nox eg.).

I'm surprised noone has mentioned that perhaps you as a perfectionist might be the ideal person to look at improving them? Wink
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-06-25, 23:19)jmarshall Wrote: I'm surprised noone has mentioned that perhaps you as a perfectionist might be the ideal person to look at improving them? Wink

Well he already said he didn't have the time for it so that's why i didn't mention
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-06-25, 20:46)live4ever Wrote: Maybe post in the skin you're using thread for where to change all "SeasonThumb" to "TVShowThumb" in whatever list view you use (.xml files within addons>skin.aeon.nox eg.).
I've just tried this but it doesn't seem to have done anything. This is the sort of solution I was looking for. Replacing every instance of the season thumbs with the tv thumbs. I probably haven't done it right.
(2012-06-25, 23:19)jmarshall Wrote: I'm surprised noone has mentioned that perhaps you as a perfectionist might be the ideal person to look at improving them? Wink

(2012-06-25, 23:25)Martijn Wrote:

Well he already said he didn't have the time for it so that's why i didn't mention

I'd love to but I don't have the time or skill. For me the simplest solution is just to forego season level images all together.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disable Season Thumbnails0