Boxee Box Remote (aka DSM-380)
I was wondering if, any of you have tried using the Boxee Box Remote with any RF(I believe that's what it uses - please correct me if I'm wrong) Adapter before, over here in Germany you really can't get your hands on any of them, granted D-Link offers the sale of "replacement remotes", these however don't ship with their USB adapter and thus my question. I'd much love to use one of those as, well, it's amazing - especially having the qwerty keyboard on the back.

As I unfortunately do not own an Android or Iphone (meh, what for! Remember the good ol' days the only thing you ever used your phone was to... you know, call people with? Tongue) there's no option for me to use the XBMC App, sadly. I could probably flash my Samsung S8000 jet but I'm not entirely sure how well if at all Android would run on it and I'd really rather not. I do own a Phillips Prestigo, which has suited my needs pretty well so far being able to control just about anything in my media center, but... I'd really, really, really like that keyboard! Tongue
I don't think it will work with just any RF dongle, but I've never looked that far into it. However, there are a bunch of other keymotes out there that are pretty nice, such as the Nyxboard (wiki) and the Tivo Slide remote (wiki). My Boxee remote isn't bad at all, but it's hard to see the keys (gray text on black buttons) and it would be nice to have more buttons on the "face" (only 6 leaves much to be desired).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Boxee Box Remote (aka DSM-380) 0