XBMC Sound Issue
Good afternoon,

I'm currently experiencing some sound problems with XBMC, on all add on's its plays the video and the sound but the sound tone moves all over the place.When people are talking in film for example this is fine but its when a bit of music comes on in the background the pitch goes down but only for the music and not speech. I was wondering if it was something to do with my network, i have recently moved house but didn't have the problem at my old address, i had 20+ meg there and now have 10 meg but 10 should be enough shouldn't it?. I did however update to the latest software and re jailbreak it so the comparison between both my addresses may not be relevant. Could someone give me any pointers on where to go to try and get this resolved?
on ALL add-ons?

What hardware are you using? What version of XBMC are you using? What do you mean by "the sound tone moves all over the place"?
Sorry im using ATV2, and using the latest version of XBMC. Im not sure how to put it in words but yes on all add on's the picture plays fine, there is sound but lets say at the start of a program when the intro music comes on instead of it playing at a constant tone the pitch kinda goes down then back up again, a bit like if you were to slow a record down very briefly then put it to its correct pitch again, so the intro will play up and down when ever there is music on. This is also the case when streaming my own files from my PC to the ATV2
Very strange. Does this happen if you use the native ATV2 software, like to play a movie trailer? I can't recall ever hearing about the sound doing something like that, so maybe something in the hardware is defective?

See if you can also get us a debug log, which might give more hints to what is going on: iOS XBMC.log (wiki)
Sounds impossible on a digital audio source - but maybe our audio gurus could comment on that one...

AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I will post the log up later but i can confirm on the Native ATV the sound works fine
Sorry for the delay, here is the log.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=4435

I can confirm its still doing it on XBMC but native ATV is fine
Code:
19:33:07 T:1060715928   DEBUG: CVideoReferenceClock: Detected refreshrate: 44.610578 hertz, rounding to 45 hertz
19:33:07 T:1060715928   DEBUG: CVideoReferenceClock: Detected refreshrate: 90.992846 hertz, rounding to 91 hertz
19:33:07 T:1060715928   DEBUG: CVideoReferenceClock: Detected refreshrate: 63.223781 hertz, rounding to 63 hertz

I have never seen something like this . Your Refreshrate jumps around heavily ... do you have any audio sync options enabled? If not i can't really suggest anything. You have another screen for testing it?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I dont have any audio sync options enabled that im aware of, if i did where would i find them? When you say another screen do you mean another TV? i dont have another TV but i can confirm native ATV is working fine so i dont see it being a problem with the TV. Do you think its worth Restoring/Jailbreaking/Reinstalling XBMC?
Hey mate i just been going through the settings and found a sync option under video playback settings, i removed that option and i think its playing ok now. i will monitor it today/tomorrow and were close this issue off if i don't receive any further problems but everything so far is all good. thanks for your help.

DJ

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Sound Issue0