Rewind bug?
(2012-07-27, 17:29)HenryFord Wrote: Well - this one is on me. I obviously used old/other installations, tested it now in my "production env." and it happens there too.
Using the rewind-function the video skips like no tomorrow, it is definitely faster than 2x.
Using the Eden final, it does happen.
Also Win7 (Enterprise) x64.

Thanks for confirming! So it seems at least Win 7 x64 has this problem. Maybe also other Windows systems like Win 7 x86 or Win XP, maybe someone can confirm this?

Anyhow i think it is now safe to report it as a bug?
Report it, there are already 3 users who could reproduce the bug.
I have reported the bug myself: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13212

How do I know if it's been acknowledged by the team, if they can reproduce it and when can we expect it to be fixed?

Also, is there anything else I can do to let them know about this and help them solve it?
Confirmed, I have the same bug, but I never use rewind so I didn't notice it. Also Windows 7 64-bit SP1.
http://pastebin.com/jfFwrLMg
(2012-07-29, 17:13)bugme Wrote: I have reported the bug myself: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13212

How do I know if it's been acknowledged by the team, if they can reproduce it and when can we expect it to be fixed?

Also, is there anything else I can do to let them know about this and help them solve it?

Would report it now, but see you've already done it. Thanks!
Now waiting till it gets picked up...
(2012-07-29, 17:13)bugme Wrote: I have reported the bug myself: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13212

It will show up on reports, so they'll see it. As far as an ETA, I have no idea. It depends on how complicated the problem/fix is, how much time the devs have to send on the issue, etc.
Still happens with xbmc 12 stable (Ubuntu 12.04).
Confirmed also on Fedora 17/18.

Xbmc 12 Frodo (rpmfusion repo release)
Hi,

Did anyone get a resolution for this. I have setup a new XBMC HTPC on all new hardware with F19 and still have the same fault. This is setup with F19 minimal and boots straight into XBMC.

I have noticed that the bug has closed due to inactivity: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13212

It is also happening on my desktop machine. The only connection on all is Fedora and has occurred since Fedora 16. Need to double check on my Windows PC.

From a quick test i did, forward x2 for approx 10 secs added about 25 seconds on to the video. When I rewind x2 i stopped after about 5 secs as it got to at least a minute back.

Is there anything i can provide to help this get fixed?
I can confirm that this bug is very much alive. I don't see it that often as I usual skip through the video instead of rewinding... but it is definetly still happening.

Also:
I cannot log into the bugtracker using my forum credentials.

Edit:
Scratch that, the tracker is case sensitive for the username.
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

It does the right thing on Raspberry Pi!

When I implemented rewind in omxplayer, I wondered why it looked so bad compared to dvdplayer.
Because you can only decode key-frames when running backwards, and key-frames only appear every 2-10 seconds,
the frames update very slowly when rewinding slowly (i.e. you may only get 1 frame every 5 seconds at 2x rewind).

To make it look a bit better I actually show the frames running forwards from each key frame, then jump back.

Because dvdplayer always rewinds as fast as it can, it does look smoother (but is obviously wrong).
Haha still having this problem in 2014 with version XBMC 13, the hardware Im running is : NTEL DC3217IYE NUC(I3) with 4 GB ram and SSD(Windows 7).

You would think that play, stop, pause, FF and FR are basic things in a mediaplayer that are the most important but a bug from 2012 tells me that the dev wants to do other fun stuf like getting XBMC to 8 diffrent platforms.

Hope some dev eventually solves this.
Someone actually did fix this, but it was forgotten about for Gotham and just overlooked, IIRC. I'll poke around and try to find out more.
(2014-06-12, 09:31)Ned Scott Wrote: Someone actually did fix this, but it was forgotten about for Gotham and just overlooked, IIRC. I'll poke around and try to find out more.

Nice, thanks!
I installed a fresh F20 with XBMC13 (minimal install which only has xbmc-standalone running straight from boot) from rpmfusion repo and it worked fine, the rewind speed seemed perfect. A month or so later i started work on installing Steam and then setting up as a add-on program. since installing the repo spot.fedorapeople.org and Steam it has reoccured.

I have rolled back all installs of packages when installing steam and i now have no packages installed from that repo.

I still have the same problem. So a modification of some config file must have occurred somewhere.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rewind bug?1