Win Shortcuts and playback doubts
Hi there!

Let me see if someone else can help me here.
I'd like to know if there is a shortcut key to the second audio stream in my mkv files or if there is a place where I can create a shortcut. 90% of my movies are dual audio.
In my DVD ISO files, it'd be great if I could change the audio with a single button too and if I could bring the DVD Menu screen with a single button as well.

Now a playback doubt:
I'm used to using the kmplayer when I hit the right or left arrow and the movie skips only 5 seconds. I use that a lot when I miss a dialog or a subtitle. But when I'm using the XBMC player, the movie skips 30 seconds. Is there any way I can set it to skip only 5 seconds as the kmplayer does?

Well... thanks in advance to everyone!
And oh... I'm using FRODO with Transparency! Smile
A quick little 101 on keymaps

Go to your userdata (wiki) folder and go into the keymaps folder

Make a new text document and call it keyboard.xml (wiki)

Cut and paste this into the document: https://raw.github.com/xbmc/xbmc/Eden/sy...yboard.xml

Now, you don't actually need to put in those default keymap stuff, because XBMC is smart enough to only load changes, so you can just add one or two keys and it will apply it to the existing keymap. I like to use a full copy because it makes it easier to see what is and isn't in use, and it when you see it you get a feel for what the different options do, etc.

The action you want for changing audio is

Code:
audionextlanguage

You can map this to a specific key, and you can also map this to a specific situation. You probably want to go to where it says <FullscreenVideo> because that's really the only time when you want to change audio tracks. Pick a letter and throw in that action, like
Code:
<k>audionextlanguage</k>

Next up is changing the amount of time when moving forward or backwards. There's a few ways to do this, one is to just use the " (quote) key to do "SmallStepBack", or you can remap "left" to do "SmallStepBack". SmallStepBack was made for exactly the kind of situation you describe, when you miss something said or done, and will go back 7 seconds. There is no SmallStepForward, because the same logic doesn't really apply.

You can also change both forward and backwards to whatever values you want by making an advancedsettings.xml (wiki) file.

Make a text file to place in your userdata (wiki) folder, call it "advancedsettings.xml" and put in the following:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <video>
    <timeseekforward>30</timeseekforward>
    <timeseekbackward>-30</timeseekbackward>
   </video>
</advancedsettings>

Then just change the values to whatever you want.
Oh... thank you very much for the answer!

Seeing the doc you told me, I was able to learn a lot of shortcuts I didn't know.
I'll put the audionextlanguage in the keybord.xml file as you said when I arrive home. This solves my problem.
To the SmallStepBack, I'll use quote key. I didn't know this shortcut Smile

Thanks again!

Let me ask just another one: In my library, is there any way I can search for a title by its first letter? For example: Ctrl+p goes to the titles which begins with "p"
Yep, just use Shift+letter
Smile

I didn't try this one!!! Thanks again!!!

I also wanted a shortcut to the DVD menu but I did a search and found the answer. Now I know the action name is ShowVideoMenu and it must be placed in "Player Controls" (I hope!!! Smile)

I'll do a test and see if it works.

I also have some doubts about my library and scrapers but I'll put it in another post.

Thank you very much again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shortcuts and playback doubts0