Paranormal Favorite Activity
I have a large collection of doc TV, doc films, kids TV, and kids films that I wanted separated from my normal TV and films.To accomplish this I got rid of the normal videos, tv, and movies main menu pages and went with favorites. So favorite1 is named Dox, under this in the sub menu I have doc TV, doc Films, and TTC courses and recent (more on this later) . Favorite2 is kids, under this in submenu I have films and tv. Favorite3 is Music and under this in the submenu I have music (flac), concerts, and music films. I ahve a few other but you get the idea. The last one is movies, under this I have movies, and I also favorited genres, actors, directors, (so I could search my movies) and lastly recent.

So, this works wonderfully. I finally have my stuff segregated and I am super happy. The only thing I lack is a recently added because this doesn't seem to work with favorites. I know I can sort the view by date, but then I have to set it back after I am done and that sucks. Well I came up with another solution, I created another favorite named "recent dox" which has all of the sources for Doc TV and Doc Films. I added it to the submenu of my Dox main menu favorite and I sorted the view by date. VOILA! Now I can easily check what is new.

I wanted to do the same thing with my normal movies, so I created another favorite named "recent movies" that has all of my movie sources and I added it to my submenu of my Movies main menu favorite and I sorted the view by date. Here is the weird thing, it changes the view in my normal movies favorite. It's like the two are tied together. Changing one favorite's view changes the other. I have tried adding other sources to one or the other to see if it was because they had the same exact sources, but that didn't make a difference.

Anyone have any ideas of what could cause this paranormal favorite activity?
No idea, but i have a question. So your favorites are all basically "file view" folders, instead of using the library?
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
Yes. I have always wanted the ability to have multiple libraries, but this doesn't seem to appeal to the dev team. Using file view favorites allowed me to segregate my doc and kids content from my normal content in an organized and beautiful way. The only drawback is a small lack of functionality (recently added and episode view).
XBMC has supported multiple libraries for years: Profiles (wiki)
You are right. I was talking about within the same profile. Anyone else have any idea why one sorting one favorite would affect how another favorite is sorted? Is this more of a skin issue? If so, I can post in the MQ3 forum.
We do have something called Custom Video Nodes (wiki) coming in Frodo (v12) that will change the library greatly, probably in the way you guys are looking for. It will need skin support, and is early in development, but it should be really awesome when it's all said and done. Basically, you can set up custom "nodes" just like how we have with "Movies" and "TV shows", but with just about as many as you want, and for whatever reason you want.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Paranormal Favorite Activity0