• 18(current)
WIP Google Music Addon
(2013-10-31, 04:32)foreverguest Wrote: Jimbo99, jillesv, please try this new version, have another fix for your problems:
0.8exp13

jbman, this line just show your registered devices, the uploader shouldn´t be a problem, could you upload your full log to pastebin or pm me if you prefer.

bdizzle, this message means you don't have the protobuf module installed, probably your connection was down when installing the files from the first post. Please try the link above.

That fixed it, thanks. Can the plugin integrate into my music library?
Just tried this on an M3 Enjoy TV box (Android ICS) It installed OK. Entered username and password but just sits there "Working" with nothing happening?
(2013-10-31, 01:32)bdizzle Wrote: ImportError: cannot import name descriptor_pb2
-->End of Python script error report<--
19:28:40 T:6396 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.audio.googlemusic/
19:28:40 T:6396 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.audio.googlemusic/) failed
19:28:40 T:7232 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false

Same error. I've tried to reinstall all the 3 plugins (in the correct order) but the error remains. I've put these 3 files on the /tmp/ directory of my rasppi and i've installed them from there.
Any clue?
jbman, please try this version:
0.8exp14
added an extra check for loading the library, if it still fails, you can manually remove the db file 'googlemusic.db' in the 'xbmc/database' folder

Cagnulein, it is missing the protobuf module that is downloaded automatically when installing the files and could take a while. Please try installing the version in the link above.

amwebby, please check for errors in the xbmc.log file

bdizzle, no, this is a xbmc limitation
Now it works but when i try to start a station it hangs logging this
20:16:09 T:2761606208 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
Error Contents: ('id',)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.audio.googlemusic/default.py", line 78, in <module
>
navigation.listMenu(params)
File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.audio.googlemusic/GoogleMusicNavigation.py", line
42, in listMenu
listItems = self.getStationTracks(get('id'))
File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.audio.googlemusic/GoogleMusicNavigation.py", line
244, in getStationTracks
url = '%s?action=play_song&song_id=%s&title=%s' % (sys.argv[0],track['id'].encode('ut
f8'),track['title'].encode('utf8'))
KeyError: ('id',)
-->End of Python script error report<--
20:16:10 T:3041693696 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.audio.googlemusic/?id=79e7bf3b-c4cb-3609-a441-ab18e0696c3
2&path=station
20:16:10 T:3041693696 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.audio.googlemusic/?id=79e7bf3b-c4cb-3609-a441-ab18e0696c
32&path=station) failed
20:16:10 T:2761606208 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
Plus playlist returns always an empty List
OK. I enabled debugging in XBMC and the plug in and uploaded the log file to my Google Drive.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz4yPlo...sp=sharing

One thing I'm concerned about is that I may have installed the two dependency files in the wrong order as the file names got turned into a string of numbers downloading it via Android. Not sure how to remove them and start again?
I have 4 machines that I tested with Google Music for XBMC. All 4 had issues.

The first one is my Linux box. That's my primary media machine. After, I believe, update 12 it works.

The second one is a Windows 7 box that worked, however upon exit it would give me a script error.

The third one is a Win8 box that I use to learn it so that I can help my customers. That one would get me to a list of songs (after update 12), but if I tried to play songs it would fail indicating a script error and then XBMC generated a message telling me that one or more items failed to play.

The 4th is a gaming laptop that has Win7. That failed to play exactly as the Win8 box had.

The good news is that I have them all working now.

I believe the issues were resolved by:

* Doing an update to the Google Music Addon (not the latest release from this thread). That itself didn't resolve the issue

* I brought up the Addon settings and a) enabled pre-fetch url, b) cleared the cookie, and c) cleared the db

* Exited XBMC and restarted it.

Those appeared to resolved the issue in each case, even though there were weird differences in symptoms of failure.

I suspect that either the database and cookie had information that was outdated or incorrect. I tend toward the database as the failure. The reason I believe this is because the Win8 box would fail essentially telling me that I was denied the right to play, which could mean it triggered an error thinking that some other machine was logged into Google Music and it was playing. I confirmed that this was NOT the situation. I verified several times that none of my computers were logged in prior to the test. Also, since XBMC on the gaming laptop exhibited the same symptom as the Win8 computer I knew Win8 wasn't a contributing factor itself.

Believe it or not the majority of my personal computers run Linux, by a large percentage. That means I have a lot of computers.
Enabling pre-fetch url and clearing the cache and cookie didn't work for me. Sad
One thing I noticed here was: When I chose "all songs" by right clicking on the menu entry and choose "shuffle and play" it plays the music in the same order each time.
I installed 14, cleared cache and cookie and I am now back in business Smile

18:27:15 T:2703516736 NOTICE: [GoogleMusic-0.8exp14] Loading library
18:27:15 T:2703516736 NOTICE: [GoogleMusic-0.8exp14] Logging in
18:27:17 T:2703516736 NOTICE: [GoogleMusic-0.8exp14] Login succeeded
18:27:32 T:2703516736 NOTICE: [GoogleMusic-0.8exp14] Library Size: 883

thanks for all the help on this
I'm now getting a "Remote Communication Server failed to start" error every time I open XBMC. Is this related?
If you have communication problems this will affect the addon too. But in your previously posted log, I didn't saw any errors, so I'm lost about your problem.

(2013-11-06, 14:14)amwebby Wrote: I'm now getting a "Remote Communication Server failed to start" error every time I open XBMC. Is this related?
So am I. Sad
This is xbmc behavior.

(2013-11-05, 23:50)Jimbo99 Wrote: One thing I noticed here was: When I chose "all songs" by right clicking on the menu entry and choose "shuffle and play" it plays the music in the same order each time.
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Google Music Addon5