• 6(current)
WIP Google Music Addon
Yep definitely not 320kbps stream I can hear the difference easily against my local 320kbps tracks. This is nearly perfect for me I just wish there us a way to force it to stream the highest quality stream.

For now I will have to continue moving local copies of files around.
I have trouble with both the latest version (0.3) and 0.2... It seems the only thing that works is the playlist view. All songs and albums give the following error. Perhaps the gmusicapi package is outdated? The gmusicapi.log is also giving validation errors.

Btw, I'd be happy to work on this since I know python. Not too much time right now, but maybe over Christmas. Is there anything in particular that I should look at working on? One big thing for me is the buffering time between songs. It should start buffering the next song before the last one finishes, if possible.

Code:
21:00:55 T:2808767552  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
21:00:55 T:2808767552  NOTICE: GoogleMusic-0.2.1
21:00:59 T:2808767552  NOTICE: CommonFunctions-1.3.0
21:01:11 T:2808767552   ERROR: 2012-12-01 21:01:11,736 - gmusicapi.Api - WARNING - Received an unexpected response from call loadalltracks.
21:01:11 T:2808767552  NOTICE: .
21:01:13 T:2808767552   ERROR: 2012-12-01 21:01:13,074 - gmusicapi.Api - WARNING - error was: Failed to validate field 'playlist' list schema: additional properties not defined by 'properties' are not allowed in list item
21:01:13 T:2808767552  NOTICE: .
21:01:16 T:2808767552   ERROR: 2012-12-01 21:01:16,404 - gmusicapi.Api - WARNING - Received an unexpected response from call loadalltracks.
21:01:16 T:2808767552  NOTICE: .
21:01:17 T:2808767552   ERROR: 2012-12-01 21:01:17,284 - gmusicapi.Api - WARNING - error was: Failed to validate field 'playlist' list schema: additional properties not defined by 'properties' are not allowed in list item
21:01:17 T:2808767552  NOTICE: .
21:01:17 T:2808767552   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
                                            Error Contents: ('year',)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/plugin.audio.googlemusic/default.py", line 41, in <module>
                                                navigation.listMenu(params)
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/plugin.audio.googlemusic/GoogleMusicNavigation.py", line 44, in listMenu
                                                self.listPlaylistSongs(get("playlist_id"))
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/plugin.audio.googlemusic/GoogleMusicNavigation.py", line 110, in listPlaylistSongs
                                                songs = self.api.getPlaylistSongs(playlist_id)
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/plugin.audio.googlemusic/GoogleMusicApi.py", line 22, in getPlaylistSongs
                                                self.updatePlaylistSongs(playlist_id)
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/plugin.audio.googlemusic/GoogleMusicApi.py", line 51, in updatePlaylistSongs
                                                self.storage.storeApiSongs(api_songs, playlist_id)
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/plugin.audio.googlemusic/GoogleMusicStorage.py", line 102, in storeApiSongs
                                                self.curs.executemany("INSERT OR REPLACE INTO songs VALUES (:song_id, :comment, :rating, :last_played, :disc, :composer, :year, :album, :title, :album_artist, :type, :track, :total_tracks, :beats_per_minute, :genre, :play_count, :creation_date, :name, :artist, :url, :total_discs, :duration_millis, :album_art_url, :display_name, NULL)", songs())
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/plugin.audio.googlemusic/GoogleMusicStorage.py", line 82, in songs
                                                'year': api_song["year"],
                                            KeyError: ('year',)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
21:01:18 T:3041723008   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.audio.googlemusic/?path=playlist&playlist_id=all_songs
21:01:18 T:3041723008   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.audio.googlemusic/?path=playlist&playlist_id=all_songs) failed
21:01:18 T:2808767552  NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
21:01:20 T:2808767552  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
Hi jasjeet,

This is not implemented in the api.
You can can create an issue here:
https://github.com/simon-weber/Unofficia...-Music-API

(2012-11-30, 21:56)jasjeet Wrote: Yep definitely not 320kbps stream I can hear the difference easily against my local 320kbps tracks. This is nearly perfect for me I just wish there us a way to force it to stream the highest quality stream.

For now I will have to continue moving local copies of files around.

Try to update the gmusicapi manually with the one in vially's repo:
https://github.com/vially/xbmc-gmusicapi

Then clean your cache and cookies.

(2012-12-02, 07:22)rinon Wrote: I have trouble with both the latest version (0.3) and 0.2... It seems the only thing that works is the playlist view. All songs and albums give the following error. Perhaps the gmusicapi package is outdated? The gmusicapi.log is also giving validation errors.

Btw, I'd be happy to work on this since I know python. Not too much time right now, but maybe over Christmas. Is there anything in particular that I should look at working on? One big thing for me is the buffering time between songs. It should start buffering the next song before the last one finishes, if possible.

I've installed setuptools on my Ubuntu, however, when installing the google music plugin, I go to the /usr/share/xbmc/addons/ and I do not see the needed script.module.protobuf directory
this is my ls of the directory
Code:
ls /usr/share/xbmc/addons/
metadata.albums.allmusic.com        script.module.pil
metadata.artists.allmusic.com       script.module.pysqlite
metadata.common.allmusic.com        script.module.simplejson
metadata.common.hdtrailers.net      skin.confluence
metadata.common.htbackdrops.com     visualization.dxspectrum
metadata.common.imdb.com            visualization.glspectrum
metadata.common.last.fm             visualization.itunes
metadata.common.themoviedb.org      visualization.milkdrop
metadata.themoviedb.org             visualization.projectm
metadata.tvdb.com                   visualization.waveform
metadata.yahoomusic.com             weather.wunderground
repository.xbmc.org                 webinterface.default
screensaver.rsxs.euphoria           xbmc.addon
screensaver.rsxs.plasma             xbmc.core
screensaver.rsxs.solarwinds         xbmc.gui
screensaver.xbmc.builtin.black      xbmc.json
screensaver.xbmc.builtin.dim        xbmc.metadata
screensaver.xbmc.builtin.slideshow  xbmc.python
how do i install protobuf?
I tried to download the one compiled for the XMBC, but there's no install for it

Thanks for help
It is installed at /home/your_user/.xbmc/addons.
But are you having any trouble with the addon?

(2012-12-12, 03:16)MadPriest Wrote: I've installed setuptools on my Ubuntu, however, when installing the google music plugin, I go to the /usr/share/xbmc/addons/ and I do not see the needed script.module.protobuf directory
this is my ls of the directory
Code:
ls /usr/share/xbmc/addons/
metadata.albums.allmusic.com        script.module.pil
metadata.artists.allmusic.com       script.module.pysqlite
metadata.common.allmusic.com        script.module.simplejson
metadata.common.hdtrailers.net      skin.confluence
metadata.common.htbackdrops.com     visualization.dxspectrum
metadata.common.imdb.com            visualization.glspectrum
metadata.common.last.fm             visualization.itunes
metadata.common.themoviedb.org      visualization.milkdrop
metadata.themoviedb.org             visualization.projectm
metadata.tvdb.com                   visualization.waveform
metadata.yahoomusic.com             weather.wunderground
repository.xbmc.org                 webinterface.default
screensaver.rsxs.euphoria           xbmc.addon
screensaver.rsxs.plasma             xbmc.core
screensaver.rsxs.solarwinds         xbmc.gui
screensaver.xbmc.builtin.black      xbmc.json
screensaver.xbmc.builtin.dim        xbmc.metadata
screensaver.xbmc.builtin.slideshow  xbmc.python
how do i install protobuf?
I tried to download the one compiled for the XMBC, but there's no install for it

Thanks for help

(2012-12-12, 04:00)foreverguest Wrote: It is installed at /home/your_user/.xbmc/addons.
But are you having any trouble with the addon?

Thank you for quick reply
looks like i have the proper value set in the addons/script.module.protobuf/lib/google/__init__.py

However, no matter what I try in the google music plugin, I get script error

Where can I see the log?
Ok, found where to enable debugging
here's the output:
Code:
13:35 T:2871327552  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
21:13:35 T:2871327552  NOTICE: [xbmcswift2] Request for "%s" matches rule for function "%s"
21:13:37 T:2889059136   ERROR: Unable to find plugin
21:13:37 T:3014842112   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://
21:13:37 T:3014842112   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://) failed
21:13:41 T:2871327552  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
21:13:41 T:2871327552  NOTICE: GoogleMusic-0.2.1 ARGV: ['plugin://plugin.audio.googlemusic/', '0', '']
21:13:41 T:2871327552  NOTICE: CommonFunctions-1.4.0
21:15:56 T:2871327552  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
21:15:56 T:2871327552  NOTICE: GoogleMusic-0.2.1 ARGV: ['plugin://plugin.audio.googlemusic/', '0', '?path=playlists&playlist_type=user']
21:15:56 T:2871327552  NOTICE: CommonFunctions-1.4.0
21:15:58 T:2871327552  NOTICE: [GoogleMusic-0.2.1] getPlaylists : 'Getting playlists of type: user'
21:15:58 T:2871327552  NOTICE: [GoogleMusic-0.2.1] login : 'Loading cookie from file'
21:15:58 T:2871327552   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
21:15:58 T:2871327552   ERROR: Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', '/home/igalsc/.xbmc/addons/googlemusic-xbmc-master/gmusic_cookies.txt')
21:15:58 T:2871327552   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/igalsc/.xbmc/addons/googlemusic-xbmc-master/default.py", line 41, in <module>
                                                navigation.listMenu(params)
                                              File "/home/igalsc/.xbmc/addons/googlemusic-xbmc-master/GoogleMusicNavigation.py", line 55, in listMenu
                                                self.getPlaylists(playlist_type)
                                              File "/home/igalsc/.xbmc/addons/googlemusic-xbmc-master/GoogleMusicNavigation.py", line 168, in getPlaylists
                                                playlists = self.api.getPlaylistsByType(playlist_type)
                                              File "/home/igalsc/.xbmc/addons/googlemusic-xbmc-master/GoogleMusicApi.py", line 34, in getPlaylistsByType
                                                self.updatePlaylists(playlist_type)
                                              File "/home/igalsc/.xbmc/addons/googlemusic-xbmc-master/GoogleMusicApi.py", line 54, in updatePlaylists
                                                self.login.login()
                                              File "/home/igalsc/.xbmc/addons/googlemusic-xbmc-master/GoogleMusicLogin.py", line 48, in login
                                                self.gmusicapi.session.cookies.load(filename=self._cookie_file, ignore_discard=True)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/cookielib.py", line 1761, in load
                                                f = open(filename)
                                            IOError: (2, 'No such file or directory', '/home/igalsc/.xbmc/addons/googlemusic-xbmc-master/gmusic_cookies.txt')
21:15:58 T:3014842112   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.audio.googlemusic/?path=playlists&playlist_type=user
21:15:58 T:3014842112   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.audio.googlemusic/?path=playlists&playlist_type=user) failed
21:28:31 T:2871327552  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
21:30:46 T:2725673792  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--

I tried cleaning cookies and cache and entering the user as [email protected] - still no go
Actually, this made a magic for me

(2012-10-19, 05:41)foreverguest Wrote: This is because the GoogleMusicApi library is not updated. Do you know how can I submit an update for the library in the XBMC repository?

Meanwhile, you can edit the following files in your addons\script.module.gmusicapi\lib\gmusicapi folder:
- in file protocol.py remove the line
"magicPlaylists": WC_Protocol.pl_array,
- in file api.py remove the lines
if instant:
playlists['instant'] = self._playlist_list_to_dict(res['magicPlaylists'])

Like the modifications here:
https://github.com/simon-weber/Unofficia...rotocol.py
Anyone had/having login issues with Google 2-step authentication? Could use some pointers here!
is it working on frodo atv2 ?
No clue on ATV2, I don't own One, but on Linux its working... As well as it ever has under Frodo RC3.
Which is to say; Yes it works; No not very well.

And you have to be careful too, as this Plugin can and will chew though your limited Device activations too.
Thankfully I didn't have very much trouble in deactivating these "Dead" Accounts to XBMC.
But, because they were there, I was unable to use my Workstation to log into Google Music until I had deactivated / removed most of the activated accounts through the Music Manager Program.
Thanks guys. 0.2 crashes on me but 0.3 works OK. I wonder if the first post can get updated with the link?
can someone please upload an altered version of the file addons/script.module.protobuf/lib/google/__init__.py? or please tell me how can i I edit? thanks
thanks for the great addon Smile .. Only thing missing is the ability to search Smile
Hmmm, nice idea. Try this:
plugin.audio.googlemusic-0.4fg

As always, this addon package is experimental, I have made some code refactoring to improve loading time, let me know if have any problems or successes.

(2013-01-31, 19:06)natenjo Wrote: thanks for the great addon Smile .. Only thing missing is the ability to search Smile

You shouldn't have to edit it anymore.
Having any problems with the addon?

(2013-01-31, 14:39)inkoma Wrote: can someone please upload an altered version of the file addons/script.module.protobuf/lib/google/__init__.py? or please tell me how can i I edit? thanks

• 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Google Music Addon5