• 31(current)
WIP Google Music Addon
Google Music and Movies were just made available here in Sweden, so I thought I'd try this on my raspbmc box. And it works, even All Access which I'm listening to as I type this.

It's not perfect, which I don't expect for a dev version, but it does work. There are some stutters, but perhaps that's fixable already.

So, a very big Thank You to the developers.
Am I correct that search function is only applicable for my library?
If yes then is there any possibility to implement search for whole google music database?

Thanks
A slight snag, but not sure if this belongs here.
When I use Yatse as a remote I have no trouble playing my music on Google, but when I use it to go directly to addons -> google music dev -> My Library -> Artists/All Songs/Albums the lists aren't populated. Yatse says it's fetching the requested data but only gives me an empty directory / Playlist message.

xbmc log snippet

Anyone else seeing this?
Hi everbody....

I just found this plugin and i can't get it to work on any of my Xbmc installations (Raspberry, Mac, Android, Ipad).
When i start the plugin and set my user name and password, the little wheel keeps spinning for about 3-5 Minutes and the stops with a script error. I have around 15.000 songs in my library. Is there a timeout that i can raise or something?
Do you have two pass authorisation on Google? If you do, you must go to your Google account page and get a password for the plugin (one for each computer). Enter the one you get from Google into the plugin instead of your normal Google password.

If that's not your problem, hopefully someone else can help ;-)
(2014-03-19, 19:43)Jarulf Wrote: Do you have two pass authorisation on Google? If you do, you must go to your Google account page and get a password for the plugin (one for each computer). Enter the one you get from Google into the plugin instead of your normal Google password.

If that's not your problem, hopefully someone else can help ;-)

Hi Jarulf,
Nope i'm not using two pass authorisation....
@Yodaiam, long time spinning is a know behavior in Android, without solution so far.
But it should work on a Raspberry Pi.
Please check your xbmc.log on the Pi for errors.
Hi.foreverguest.... But.i.also.have.the.same.problem.on.my.mac and ipad too...
I am also getting an script error. I followed the directions exactly and I'm not using two pass authorization. I am using Mac OS 10.8.5. Please help. Thanks.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=157772
MissRis5, please test with version from post #444
(2014-03-25, 16:11)foreverguest Wrote: MissRis5, please test with version from post #444

Tested but it still won't work. I keep getting the script error.
Is anyone else having trouble getting the addon (0.8exp22) to run under the latest openelec gotham beta?
My library loads correctly, but when trying to play a song, i get an error saying "Error Type: <type 'exceptions.LookupError'> Error Contents: no codec search functions registered: can't find encoding"
Full Stacktrace: http://pastebin.com/pDeXpiLi
Using windows everything runs perfect.
Any help would be much appriciated.
I'm using version 0.8exp22 and everything is working as expected. I have a couple questions that I wasn't able to find the answer to though:
  • Is it possible to add an Artist/Album/Song to the XBMC music library?
  • Is there a way to set the default view for albums within the Artist view? Right now it's set to list and the only way I've found to change it to Thumbnail is to go into each artist individually, it would be nice to set the default view for each level.

This is a great addon, thanks for the continued development of it.
Hello there, this plugin isnt working for me. I installed the zip files in the order suggested. I am able to get into the app and view playlists but when I try to do a play all and shuffle I get a script failed error.

Any help getting this to work would be appreciated.
cnmsales, please test with version from post #444
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Google Music Addon5