Stretch-fit movie posters
Hi, I'm sorry if this has been answered before but I had a search and couldn't find anything.

In my old Aeon Nox (v. 2.something) the movie posters were all stretch fit and with the newer versions (3.0+) the posters are centered. The problem is, this doesn't play nice with the resolution I run XBMC in and the sides of my posters are all cut off, so is there any way I could adjust it so that the movie posters are stretch-fit again?
would need a lot of code adjustment. so answer is no probably.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
You could try searching the Viewtype .xmls, and replacing "scale</aspectratio>" with "stretch</aspectratio>". This is a crude way to do it, but with a few tries you'll probably get the results you wish.
I'm looking in the ShowcaseMovies.xml (the only poster view I use) and I don't see the scale and stretch bits. Mind pointing me in the right direction?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<includes>
<include name="contents501list">
<visible>[!Container.Content(episodes) | SubString(Container.FolderPath,videodb://5/)] + !Container.Content(addons)</visible>
<posx>-69</posx>
<posy>554</posy>
<width>2058</width>
<height>525</height>
<onleft>501</onleft>
<onright>501</onright>
<onup>7000</onup>
<ondown>61</ondown>
<viewtype label="31028">bigwrap</viewtype>
<pagecontrol>61</pagecontrol>
<scrolltime tween="quadratic" easing="out">300</scrolltime>
<focusposition>3</focusposition>
<orientation>horizontal</orientation>
<preloaditems>2</preloaditems>
<include>Animation_OpenCloseZoom_New</include>
<itemlayout height="600" width="294">
<control type="group">
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(Nox.noflow) + ![Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons) | Container.Content(episodes) (wiki) | [Skin.HasSetting(Nox.noflowtv) + [Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons) | Container.Content(episodes)]]] + !Control.IsVisible(6000)</visible>
<animation effect="fade" time="0" delay="800">Visible</animation>
<posy>16</posy>
<include>MovieShowCaseItem0</include>
</control>
</itemlayout>
<focusedlayout height="525" width="294">
<control type="group">
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(Nox.noflow) + ![Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons) | Container.Content(episodes) (wiki) | [Skin.HasSetting(Nox.noflowtv) + [Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons) | Container.Content(episodes)]]] + !Control.IsVisible(6000)</visible>
<animation effect="zoom" start="100" end="120" center="147,345" time="300" easing="out" reversible="false" tween="cubic">Focus</animation>
<posy>16</posy>
<control type="image">
<include>MovieShowcaseThumb</include>
<texture background="true" diffuse="thumbs/thumb_mask.png" fallback="DefaultVideoBigPoster.png">$VAR[ShowcaseItem0Var]</texture>
</control>
<include>MovieShowcaseGlassOverlay</include>
<control type="image">
<include>MovieShowcaseThumbReflectionMain</include>
<texture background="true" flipy="true" diffuse="thumbs/movieposter_mask_reflect.png" fallback="DefaultVideoBigPoster.png">$VAR[ShowcaseItem0Var]</texture>
</control>
<control type="image">
<include>WatchedOverlayShowCase</include>
<include>OverlayVisibility0</include>
</control>
</control>
</focusedlayout>
</include>
<include name="scmfixed">
<control type="fixedlist" id="501">
<include>contents501list</include>
</control>
</include>
<include name="scmwrap">
<control type="wraplist" id="501">
</control>
</include>
<include name="Showcase">
<control type="group">
<visible>Control.IsVisible(501)</visible>
<control type="group">
<include>ShowcaseMovies</include>
</control>
<include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(Nox.showcasewrap)">scmfixed</include>
<include condition="Skin.HasSetting(Nox.showcasewrap)">scmwrap</include>
</control>
</include>
</includes>
(2012-06-26, 17:41)tide88 Wrote: I'm looking in the ShowcaseMovies.xml (the only poster view I use) and I don't see the scale and stretch bits. Mind pointing me in the right direction?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<includes>
<include name="contents501list">
<visible>[!Container.Content(episodes) | SubString(Container.FolderPath,videodb://5/)] + !Container.Content(addons)</visible>
<posx>-69</posx>
<posy>554</posy>
<width>2058</width>
<height>525</height>
<onleft>501</onleft>
<onright>501</onright>
<onup>7000</onup>
<ondown>61</ondown>
<viewtype label="31028">bigwrap</viewtype>
<pagecontrol>61</pagecontrol>
<scrolltime tween="quadratic" easing="out">300</scrolltime>
<focusposition>3</focusposition>
<orientation>horizontal</orientation>
<preloaditems>2</preloaditems>
<include>Animation_OpenCloseZoom_New</include>
<itemlayout height="600" width="294">
<control type="group">
<posy>16</posy>
<include>MovieShowCaseItem0</include>
</control>
</itemlayout>
<focusedlayout height="525" width="294">
<control type="group">
<animation effect="zoom" start="100" end="120" center="147,345" time="300" easing="out" reversible="false" tween="cubic">Focus</animation>
<posy>16</posy>
<control type="image">
<include>MovieShowcaseThumb</include>
<texture background="true" diffuse="thumbs/thumb_mask.png" fallback="DefaultVideoBigPoster.png">$VAR[ShowcaseItem0Var]</texture>
</control>
<include>MovieShowcaseGlassOverlay</include>
<control type="image">
<include>MovieShowcaseThumbReflectionMain</include>
<texture background="true" flipy="true" diffuse="thumbs/movieposter_mask_reflect.png" fallback="DefaultVideoBigPoster.png">$VAR[ShowcaseItem0Var]</texture>
</control>
<control type="image">
<include>WatchedOverlayShowCase</include>
<include>OverlayVisibility0</include>
</control>
</control>
</focusedlayout>
</include>
<include name="scmfixed">
<control type="fixedlist" id="501">
</control>
</include>
<include name="scmwrap">
<control type="wraplist" id="501">
</control>
</include>
<include name="Showcase">
<control type="group">
<visible>Control.IsVisible(501)</visible>
<control type="group">
<include>ShowcaseMovies</include>
</control>
<include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(Nox.showcasewrap)">scmfixed</include>
<include condition="Skin.HasSetting(Nox.showcasewrap)">scmwrap</include>
</control>
</include>
</includes>

please use pastebin or at least the [ CODE ] tag when posting larger bits of code.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Showcase is a special... case (no pun intended!). Open "Includes_Showcase.xml" and replace all 9 occurances of

Code:
scale</aspectratio>

with

Code:
stretch</aspectratio>

If you run into any problems with bad aspect ratios, try changing them back one by one.
(2012-06-26, 17:53)CutSickAss Wrote: Showcase is a special... case (no pun intended!). Open "Includes_Showcase.xml" and replace all 9 occurances of

Code:
scale</aspectratio>

with

Code:
stretch</aspectratio>

If you run into any problems with bad aspect ratios, try changing them back one by one.

Worked like a charm, thanks so much! That was really bugging the hell out of me for a few weeks.

(2012-06-26, 17:47)phil65 Wrote: please use pastebin or at least the [ CODE ] tag when posting larger bits of code.

sorry about that, I'm new here.
Lifting the thread :-P

I have all my media at an FTP and i have every movie in separate folder with nfo, fanart and poster, i am am using the skin Aeon Nox Silvo

Example:
Folder: 101 Dalamtiner
Files in folder:
101 Dalamtiner.avi
101 Dalamtiner.nfo
101 Dalamtiner-fanart.jpg
poster.jpg

I dont get all posters to show, i guess they have the wrong aspect example 350 x 491.

I have changed all
Code:
scale</aspectratio>
to
Code:
stretch</aspectratio>
as i read here. First i just changed it in View_57_Shift.xml file (i use Shift Small) but nothin happend so i changed all the xml files in the skin.aeon.nox.silvo folder but nothing happens,

Am i doing something wrong? I have tried to remove the textures13.db, clean the library och delete and add the source again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stretch-fit movie posters0