Win Only XMBC version 12 Alpha 2 works for me
Hi...

I am new to XMBC and love the software. Although, I have a large library and only version 12 alpha 2 works without any stuttering of the videos. Why would Alpha 2 work instead of others. What is the difference behind the XMBC's other installs. My specs are below:

My videos are not re encoded. I deliver them to my Tivo's without problems. They are all HD 1080p movies Mpeg 2.

Hardware -
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-4 Gig RAM
-Brand new PNY 1024 GIG Nvidia GT 610 Video Card using HDMI
-AMD Athlon X2 64 dual core processor
-Brand new Install Windows 7 extremely tweaked for XMBC only. Nothing else on this box. Even changed windows shell to boot to XMBC only.
-Brand new SSD drive.
-80 Inch Sharp TV - connected through my new Onky 609 then to my HTPC Video Card via HDMI. (Note - Even tried bypassing onky directly to TV in case of refresh rate issues)

XMBC config
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've followed a lot of guides configuring XMBC for optimal playback
- Tried turning off hardware acceleration
- Tried "adjust display rate to match video"
- Tried "sync playback to display"
- Tried changing true screen instead of window full screen back and forth.

Movies are located on DAS E-sata PciE slot. I even copied some locally so it's not a bandwidth issue with movies on storage.

I just don't want to be stuck forever on Version 12 Alpha 2.

I'm a network/system's engineer so hopefully anyone with suggestions I would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much!!
Good morning Forum Folks....I guess no one has a clue what is up with my above original post?

Thanks!
Try posting a debug log from when the issue is occurring.
-stoli-
Thanks Stoli....will do when I get home this evening from work. Thanks!
What is the best way to backup all existing configs before installing any other version onto my Windows 7 64 bit HTPC with XBMC?

I want to produce the debug logs without losing all the configs and hard work I've done.

Thanks!
Back up the userdata (wiki) folder. That will contain all your configurations and library data.
Okay great. Thanks much.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Only XMBC version 12 Alpha 2 works for me0