Video Duplicates, Clean library does not solve
I recently followed these instructions to setup sync`n of the XBMC machines throughout the house.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW..._libraries

It went well with one exception. There are now two listed copies of every video. Each duplicate entry is actually valid, as in they both load properly. So running Clean Library does not catch them. Is there any way I can solve this, maybe an SQL Query to crunch all the duplicates.

When I did the video library export everything was fine, no duplicates. Now after setting up the MySQL stuff and reimporting the library it creates duplicates. If I trash the system and repeat the process I get duplicates.
If your sources are different between machines then it will make duplicates. It's even cap-sensitive. Best bet is to also set up path subs for your sources.xml file, like described on: HOW-TO:Sync_multiple_libraries/Sync_other_parts_of_XBMC#Sources (wiki)

That way they'll be exactly the same.
I did that before I did the first import. However that very well might still be the issue.

I had the problem of having my paths all local on the master machine. So I had to setup path subs for all those directories as well. Going from /storage/Video/series to SMB://USER:NAME@NAS/Video/series

This appears to work, I am rolling through the DB and I can't determine any duplicates in the DB, however XBMC definitely shows duplicates on all machines. Is there any way I can check the DB for if this is the case?

Each machine is using the same copy of advancedsettings.xml.
select * from path; will show you the reason. It's almost certainly due to two paths pointing to the same files.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I did a select * from path where strPath like "%/storage/Video/Series/SOMESERIES%"

This only turned up unique results.

I also notice that none of my Movies are doubled only everything under TV Shows. So only one source is messed up, when I added /storage/Video/Series/ as a source and path sub to SMB.

Is there any place in XBMC I can check to prove this is the case?

I'm considering just removing that source, see if it purges from the DB then starting from scratch. However I'd rather not lose the library information, I've been running XBMC on the master computer for a very long time.
Right click on one of the duplicates in XBMC and select info, check what the path is. Now right click on the other duplicate and check the path. Find and fix what's different.

Mike
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
I've finally added an alternative method to path subs for updating a local library to a network file path library. You could try that: HOW-TO:Sync_multiple_libraries/Share_your_files#Library_export (wiki)

Following the new instructions as Ned Scott said instead of using path sub. I ran sed on the xml file for the video DB to replace /storage/Video/ with SMB line. Removed all sources. When I went to verify it was empty it seemed all movies stayed but all tv shows where gone. Since I only have a few movies I figured this is fine, I can just manually remove those duplicates. It was weird that the movies stayed even after removing their source.

So I re-imported the video DB. All TV Shows duplicates are gone. Then I just had to manually go through and clear out the few movie duplicates this created.

Everything is golden Big Grin

Thanks!

Actually everything is golden except it seems none of my boxes have sources. ie.) Yes I can browse every TV Show, Movie, Music that was scraped successfully. However there is no actual sources listed.

I'm afraid to add the sources (ie. the Samba share that it is already successfully reading from) as this will cause the duplicates. However there are a few dozen shows it does not scrape properly which are not showing up because I can't manually browse to them.
As long as you add the sources exactly the same you won't have a problem.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Alright adding the sources EXACTLY worked. At first it failed, I'm guessing because I used SMB://USERTongueASS@NAS/path/ when importing while when I tried to add a source I just used the samba path without user pass. By typing in the source EXACTLY as you said it worked. No duplicates.

Now everything is golden. My sources are back, no duplicates, every machine works great.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Duplicates, Clean library does not solve0