xbmc not recognizing my external hard drive
I set up my xbmc awhile ago and haven't changed anything as of recently but a number of files stopped working. It would say the file is no longer available, I've realized that it is because it stopped recognizing my external HD, I removed it as a source and went to re add it and it is not an option in the add source screen, but if I leave xbmc it is plugged in and available in the file directory. I can also still watch movies directly from it in the desktop. Any one know why XBMC no longer recognizing my HD?
I wouldn't be surprised if something no longer see's the drive letter. If it's windows... right click on the computer icon, bring up the menu pick manage>diskmanagment> right click on the volume to produce the menu item 'change drive letter' and change it ... something way down the alphabet. Try to re-add as a source.
(2012-06-27, 05:58)PatK Wrote: I wouldn't be surprised if something no longer see's the drive letter. If it's windows... right click on the computer icon, bring up the menu pick manage>diskmanagment> right click on the volume to produce the menu item 'change drive letter' and change it ... something way down the alphabet. Try to re-add as a source.

I should have said this in the first post but it is linux mint 11 does that change much or can I still just try to change the volume?
(2012-06-26, 18:59)jonass21 Wrote: but if I leave xbmc it is plugged in and available in the file directory. I can also still watch movies directly from it in the desktop.
What directory is this drive mounted as?
it is mounted as /media. it is back now, only problem is that now my actual library is missing i can only view the movie files as file lists separately by source. Could my xbmc be corrupted possibly? Should I just install a new version? I am using xbmc 10.

Little more info since I can't seem to figure out what I did. I have my main menu set up with a movies, tv shows, and videos tab. Normally I would select movies and it would take me to the sweet xbmc movie library filled with fanart and all sorts of goodies, same for tv shows. Now whenever I select any of the three I am taken to a screen with three options files, playlists, and video addons. For the life of me I can't figure out where the actual library went!
You can try Adding videos to the library (wiki) again.
Time for a re-install with an update... don't know why you're hanging on to Dharma, but you will be pleased with Eden and more than likely your issues will be resolved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc not recognizing my external hard drive0