Linux nVidia drivers cause XBMC complain could't find compatible OpenGL accelerated device
My XBMC server setup works perfectly fine, but I can only get 520p resolution. I'm guessing this is down to the fact that it's running without the nVidia drivers. However, if I install the nVidia drivers, it causes XBMC to complain that it cannot find a compatible OpenGL accelerated device.

My server setup is a standard Ubuntu server, with xorg and XBMC installed, using xbmc-standalone to display XBMC.

I would provide more information, but I do not have access to the server right now. Any information or attempts that I can try in the mean time are greatly welcomed.
Post dpkg -l | grep nvidia and the video card you're using.
HTPC 1 - Zotac ZBOX ID80U | 4GB RAM | 64GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
HTPC 2 - Zotac ZBOX ID41U | 4GB RAM | 60GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
Server - unRAID Server | 3 x 2TB WD Green HDD, 1TB WD Black HDD (Cache) | Sabnzbd | CouchPotato | Sickbeard
nvidia-common 1:0.2.44 Find obsolete NVIDIA drivers
nvidia-current 302.17-0ubuntu1~precise~xup1 NVIDIA binary Xorg driver, kernel module and VDPAU library
nvidia-settings 302.17-0ubuntu1~precise~xup3 Tool of configuring the NVIDIA graphics driver

The card is a 9800GT I think. Was a long time ago that I bought it. Just seems odd that it would work without the correct drivers, but not with them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nVidia drivers cause XBMC complain could't find compatible OpenGL accelerated device0