Time to jump in. AKA: Help me spend money.
I was talking to people about power supplies.
I plan to connect a couple external drives (usb powered) to this for my movies. Do I need more power than what you ordered?
First build so I'm trying to better understand power needs.
I think my build as it is, uses up to a max of 80W. With external drives, you might need more than 84W.

The psu in my case is actually a 120W one, the limiting factor is the ac adapter that is 84W. Ecosmartpc.com (the dealer I got the case from) also has a 120W ac adapter available as an upgrade. That should be enough for the external drives.
Bump to the top!
Been dealing with Doug for a bit in hopes of getting one of the E-i5's, but with the delay till next week, I think I have to pull the trigger on another build. I do appreciate all the help to date. (If I don't put this thing together next weekend, I'm waiting almost two more months - I want to ditch cable NOW).

Plus this gives me the option of going with a dvd or blu-ray drive at a later date.

Any opinions appreciated - focus on fit and volume of the system.

Thanks all!

(See first post for update)
I know. It's such a bummer about the shipment delay. It's killing me. The E-i7 is available right now and it's not that much more than the E-i5. It adds an ODD slot and half-height expansion slot. Any E-i5 barebones can be done in the E-i7. The Llano barebones also comes with the 120W AC adapter standard.
No worries Doug-
I appreciated all the help regardless.

Build was ordered this afternoon and parts should all be here on Monday.
My first-ever computer build will begin next weekend. Psyched.
What did you end up getting?
I went with the updated build in my first post.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Time to jump in. AKA: Help me spend money.0