Win Problems hiding empty folders
Question 
Folks,

Long XBMC user here, first time poster... I want to start using XBMC to watch my recorded shows from WMC. I am converting them to .ts and then drop them folders by Series Name (i.e. "RecordedTV/Series Name/episode.ts"). The "RecordedTV" folder is set up in XBMC video library. Problem is when I have watched all the episodes of the series and deleted the file, the folder is still shows. I would like this "Series" folder to be hidden when it is empty. I have searched and found the "hideemptyseries" option used in the advancedsettings.xml file. For the life of me I can NOT get this to WORK! I have edited the advancedsettings.xml file as follows:

<advancedsettings>
<videolibrary>
<hideemptyseries>true</hideemptyseries>
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

My empty folders still show up! I even created an empty temp folder under my "Movies" and that shows up too. I have tried deleting the "RecordedTV" library and re-adding and did a full "clean library". The log says that it is loading the advancedsettings file fine. I am using the XBMC 11.0.

Any ideas? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

It will not show up in the library, but it will show up in files views if the folder is present.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Well that is a boo! Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems hiding empty folders0