Have Music Singles Artwork Displayed in Recently Added
Currently if I browse through Recently Added Albums, any singles will show up in the list with the default "artwork missing" album cover. Then the proper single cover is displayed once I have selected the pseudo-album named singles.

Would there be any way to have singles show up with their embedded cover directly in the recently added albums list?

Hope I explained that OK - thanks!
With the upgrade to frodo it now seems as though singles don't show up at all in the recently added albums list.
In addition, singles can't be sorted by date, so as far as i know there is no way to view recently added singles.
Any advanced settings that can remedy this?
Thanks.
Bump...

Would love to have a nice way to flick through ALL recently added music. A list where an album appears as an album and a single as a single.

Given that this feature has for some reason been removed from Frodo can anybody suggest a way to achieve the same thing via Smart Playlists (I have tried at length but the "date added" field is giving me no joy.

If not, any chance of this being considered again for Gotham?

Thanks Smile
Bump.....would love it if someone could help with a fix / workaround for this. One of the only frustrations I have with using XBMC for all my music playback. Without new singles showing up under "recently added" they can easily become forgotten orphans Sad
Anybody? I figure this just has to be achievable somehow or other within XBMC....any pointers would be massively appreciated!
Assuming your singles go into a directory called 'Singles', with no other directories inside then this should work.
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="songs">
    <name>singles</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="path" operator="endswith">
        <value>Singles/</value>
    </rule>
    <rule field="dateadded" operator="inthelast">
        <value>3 days</value>
    </rule>
</smartplaylist>

If you have artist directories inside the singles directory then changing the path operator to "contains" should work. You could also refine it further by adding a playcount = 0 for recently added singles that have not been played yet. Note that, in Linux at least, the value of the path field must contain the final delimiter / else the playlist won't find anything.
Thanks a lot black_eagle. I think this would work great to give me a browsable list of recently added singles. This would be a whole lot better than nothing!

However what I am really after is to be able to browse ALL NEW MUSIC. (ie flick through covers of albums and singles in the same list). This actually used to be the default behaviour before Frodo (album covers for albums and a stock image for singles). It would be much nicer if the singles covers were also displayed, but the important thing is that they at least used to show up in the same list.

In case I'm not making myself clear, what I am trying to achieve is the digital equivalent of the following analogue situation:

I go to the the CD shop - I buy a bunch of CD albums and a bunch of CD singles - I browse through the resultant stack!

Thanks so much if anyone can help achieve this, in my opinion fairly natural, usage scenario! Smile
Bump....can anyone suggest any solution to achieve the feature I'm looking for - seems like it should be a fairly standard feature for music playing software. As it stands new singles are effectively orphaned Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Have Music Singles Artwork Displayed in Recently Added0