• 6(current)
How To: Easy synchronised multiroom audio (inc. Spotify!) using XSqueeze in XBMC
I just released a big (but not that well tested) update to XSqueeze that integrated a new player option (squeezelite can be used now, instead only squeezeslave).

I have only so many platforms so it is a bit of a shot in the dark - feedback and debug logs appreciated!!

Note you should re-configure XSqueeze before running 08.5 or you may experience significant issues!
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Worth noting this update (progressing steadily) - means you can now run Spotify (if you have a premium account) - very simply through XBMC, even synchronised.

I am working on the UI for Spotify music selection, but the playback side of it is already working well.
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
I might be able to help you out with some logfiles as I am planning / setting up my New xbmc htpc with multiroom at the moment. Right now the other clients will be windows vista but on long term I'd like to use raspberry oder an atv. Would this help you?
Well I am setting up a Pi right now - but I know the current version (0.9.4) is working on Linux, Windows, OSX - not OE, and not Pi. I think OE will be fixed when they release a version with Frodo final (the current one presumably doesn't have the final AE suspend/resume fix...) - and hopefully I can get Pi going under at least one distro...

An ATV (1) running Crystalbuntu should be ok as that's full linux - try it and let me know!

Great work man! I'm psyched to set my multiroom setup in the next days Smile
No probs - I am working pretty hard ont he various paltform issues right now so you might want to follow the main thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...&page=last
Hello

I just installed XSqueeze for the first time and I have a few questions. I am new to Linux / XBMC but I have been using Logitech Media Server on my WHS and SqueezeSlave on my Windows Media Center PCs for a while.

I chose the SqueezeSlave player option in the XSqueeze Configuration.

1. Do I have to each time manually go in to XBMC - Programs and start XSqueeze after I boot up the HTPC ? For the XBMC (SqueezeSlave) player to then be visible in the LMS webpage ? Can it not auto start ?

2. Since installing XSqueeze my PC no longer seems to reboot properly, from the XBMC Power menu I select reboot and now I just get a black screen. I have to putty in to the box and run a sudo reboot command. I just uninstalled XSqueeze and XSqueeze Chooser and now the PC reboots OK again.

3. I could only seem to get in to the Music Chooser (The screen with the flaming guitar) the first time I launched the XSqueeze addon from programs. If I then exited to the XBMC Home menu, clicking on XSqueeze from the Programs list later does nothing. Also tried pressing i info button on remote.

4. Whats the advantage of XSqueeze over just manually installing SqueezeSlave on the PC. What does the program allow you to do in XBMC UI ? Other than giving you a now playing screen.

Thanks
I just reinstalled the XSqueeze addon and I have not launched XSqueeze via programs or attempted to play anything yet and I can reboot the PC normally no problem. I then go to Programs and click on XSqueeze, this opens a background with a flaming guitar and I can see the last album I played from the LMS webpage on my Windows laptop. "XBMC - Lounge" (What I called the Player in LMS settings) is then visible as a player in the LMS webpage.

I choose to play a different album using the LMS webpage, the music starts playing on the XBMC PC and the new album cover and details come up on the TV screen. I then click the Home button to go to the main XBMC menu. At this point I don't know how to get back in to the XSqueeze program ? I'm currently using the iOS Official XBMC remote app.

On the LMS webpage on the laptop, I then pause the music playback and then attempt to reboot the XBMC PC. Again the PC does not reboot and I am left with just a black screen on the TV. Have to putty SSH in to the box to force a reboot command. The PC then reboots back in to XBMC I try and reboot it again right way and it reboots and works no problem. It only seems to be after I have launched XSqueeze and played something that the PC then doesn't reboot properly.

Something funky going on.

Many thanks.
I have changed XSqueeze to use SqueezeLite instead of SqueezeSlave. Same issue with unable to reboot PC after XSqueeze launch / music playback.

However I have noticed now on the flaming guitar screen I have some transport controls in the UI. Pressing Stop here instead of pausing music via LMS webpage, doesn't seem to make any difference to the not being able to reboot PC issue. PC doesn't shutdown either but suspend still seems to work OK.

XSqueeze looks to be an awesome program, really hope I can start using it and get these few issues resolved.

Using Ubuntu 12.10 minimal, XBMC V13 Alpha 1.

Many thanks
Normally, XSqueeze is an independent player that runs only while the addon is running. Once you start XSqueeze, it kicks off an external playuer process, and when you exit it kills it. Seems like you're expecting something different.

You CAN set it up the way you want, but you then have to manually externally set up a player (e.g. squeezelite) to run at boot, and then you operate XSqueeze in controller only mode (and you can go in and out as much as you want then). Chooser only runs properly when called from inside XSqueeze.

Your reboot issues are probably something to do with you going in and out of the addon too quickly and/or not launching if from an icon on the homepage, as a guess - without debug logs it's very hard to tell. But you have to get your head round how XSqueeze works first - it's really jsut a shell for a completely external to xbmc player.
Hi thanks for the reply. I was starting xsqueeze from programs, I did later read on wiki page about you should launch it from icon on home screen, I've created that icon now. But I think reboot / shutdown issue remained. I will test again tomorrow.

I like the idea of manually externally setting up player to run at boot and using xsqueeze in controller only mode I will look in to this.

I don't like the idea of having to manually start xsqueeze before I can send music to it say using ipeng.

Would you recommend squeezelite over squeeze slave? I have been using squeeze slave on windows PCs previously.

Thank you for your time and the add on.
Hi

Reading the wiki page:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:XSqueeze

Point 8 discusses manually installing SqueezeSlave and using XSqueeze in Controller only mode as you mentioned.

I assume I can try and manually install SqueezeLite to run at boot up. Still figuring out how to do that, I'm new to Linux.

I have however just setup SqueezeLite successfully on my Windows Home Server replacing SqueezeSlave which I uninstalled. I guess its better to have SqueezeLite on all machines rather than a mixture of SqueezeLite and SqueezeSlave,

Thanks
Yep, manual install - lite or slave, up to you. Slave syncs better, lite supports spotify etc. Overally, lite is probably better.

I don't really use linux, you'll need to work that but out for yourself - good luck!
any chance you'll get a chance to try with raspbmc? I have tried but it seems like LMS is a bit of a chore to get working right Undecided
Pretty sure it works with raspbmc as long as you add alsa (see wiki). What's the issue?
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How To: Easy synchronised multiroom audio (inc. Spotify!) using XSqueeze in XBMC2