• 4(current)
How To: Easy synchronised multiroom audio (inc. Spotify!) using XSqueeze in XBMC
1) 'I' does not bring up a 'list of songs' - it brings up a library view of your music collection as Logitech Music Server sees it. What sort of bizarre audio player would randomly choose music when started up??

2) No you don't - you get cover art, artist picture, artist bio, upcoming cover art * 3, upcoming song list * 10 - if you're not, something is not right, but it's pretty well tested.

3) The control screen at the bottom is a pretty accurate mimic of a hardware player. You can control it via remote or keyboard (and soon touch controls). If your mouse/keyboard is not working, your setup is stuffed, you should fix that. But all the basic remote controls work with all normal remotes - volume, skip, play/pause/stop etc. It's pretty easy really.

4) No, it's not. If you're getting lock ups on exit it you probably have disable screensaver active (despite the warnings about that) - or you're not waiting very long to give artists slideshow time to exit (can't control that although I have a new version in test that solves that issue). It shouldn't take more than a few seconds generally.

Seriously, it's reasonably well tested in both Eden and Frodo - so maybe give me a bit more info so we can see what the issue is, e.g. a full debug log.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
okay have got it to work further.

4) You are correct. fixed that and now it exits normal.

2) Its true, when I start up (using Transparancy Skin) I had blank boxes. Boxes were there with xSQUEEZE, but nothing in the boxes. But now that I hit the "I" button and preloaded a song (which gets remembered every time I start), everything seems to function. For now I will use the keyboard, while doing local experiments with it.

will practice and test and see if its just some user error.

5) Forgot to mention that VOLUME is set at 50% in this plugin. Not sure why that would not be at 100% when it first starts, and then let me make adjustments to volume, if I want.
Yep, the very first time you start up you will always have to choose music to get things going - that's what the message says, and that's not going to change. Just the way music software tends to work.

I don't use transparency, only Confluence, but basically apart from maybe some font size issues, it should work much the same. If in doubt, try with Confluence first (good XBMC principle in general)

Logitech Music Server will default volume to 50% the first time a new player registers. To, you know, not blow any speakers etc. This volume is totally independent of XBMC's volume of course, since the player is external. Volume keys on your remote will control it. It's not like when you buy a stereo out of the box the volume is set to max....

OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
I was searching for something like this and came across your thread. I hope this runs well on raspbmc. I will try it out this weekend and post my results. My idea is to create a setup similar to what is offered by a Sonos system (www.sonos.com), but for half the cost.
Yeah that's the general idea I guess. But Raspbmc does not currently have alsa included, so I *think* the only Pi version you can use easily right now is XBian. The Pi stuff is very preliminary at the moment until Frodo comes along, really.

Ah I see. Kind of a bummer. I have not tried XBian but I have heard it runs the least stable of the 3 xbmc builds for Pi. Have you shared this on their forums?
Of the ones i tried it has been the fastest, and hd the least glitchy playback, but I just don't have time to get into distro level stuff.

Basically, any distro that runs squeezeslave from the command line ok, and xbmc ok, will run XSqueeze ok...but my bit is the bit above the distro level I'm afraid.
I have been looking for this functionality, so now I am trying to make it work.
I have managed to get both players registered in Logitech Media Server, and also synchronized the players according to directions.

My setup consists of two windows pc's running XBMC, one as server with LMS, one as client.

Problem is, I cannot play music from the client. And I cannot play music on the server. Well, when I play music on the server I get sound from the client.

I also have had some problems with restarting XBMC after shut down because of this message:
CApplication::Create() failed - check log file and that it is writable.
I will try to produce a log file if it happens again.

I am totally new to LMS and Squeezebox, and I don't really know how to deal with this. But I guess my questions would be:
1) How do I make the server play local playback as well as on the client?
2) Why does my client pc refuse to restart XBMC after crashing?
3) How do I enter my username and password to spotify?
4) Is there any chance that the layout be more like XBMC than squeezebox?

I would supply you with a full debug log, but it seems unuploadable due to its size of 12,6 MB! I hope some one can help me a step further.
1. Both machines are acting as clients for playback, so both need to run XSqueeze. Make sure you give them different MAC addresses in the settings so they register as different players.

2. Because squeeze slave is running in the background, so manually kill that process if this happens.

4. No
3. Spotify won't work due to drm issues

4. No
3. Drm issues will stop Spotify from working

4. No

Oops tapatalk went nuts there sorry
Ergh stupid tapatalk
Thanks for the reply Bossanova, you just halted my purchase of tapatalk Smile
(2012-11-11, 05:56)bossanova808 Wrote: 1. Both machines are acting as clients for playback, so both need to run XSqueeze. Make sure you give them different MAC addresses in the settings so they register as different players.
I believe I did. They both run, and they have MAC-adresses according to system info. They are also recognized by LMS as separate players. I wonder if they are indeed both synched with each other, or if it goes only one way. But still, the playback should come from the same player when "local playback" is ticked?

(2012-11-11, 05:56)bossanova808 Wrote: 2. Because squeeze slave is running in the background, so manually kill that process if this happens.
That makes sense, will do try that next time.

(2012-11-11, 05:56)bossanova808 Wrote: 3. Spotify won't work due to drm issues
Too bad, especially because I run a spotify-integrated version of XBMC. This means that I can search Spotify in my music library. Is there any way of integrating the "rest of XBMC" into Xsqueeze, so all my playback is sent to the other player? Or is the synchronizing strictly limited to the music/media detected by the LMS on the designated hard drives?

(2012-11-11, 05:56)bossanova808 Wrote: 4. No
Developers choice must be respected, I can live with the graphics, but it leads me to another question.
5. Will your add-on work with the official xbmc remote for ios? I ask because I am thinking of setting up a raspberry pi with xbmc along with a pair of speakers. It would be great if they could occasionally play the same music as my primary setup.
Syncing works both ways - hange what one is playing, the other will change too. Is that what you mean?

It might be a platform issue, what are you using? If Frodo/AE - you can't use exclusive mode, it blocks audio from other players....

This whole hting is entirely separate to XBMC. So no integration, sorry. It's really just a gross hack....

Re: 5 - don't know, depends how it works. Basically lal the add on does it intercept up/down/L/R/ok/pause/play/stop/volume etc....just the basic remote stuff. But there are a bunch of iOS squeezebox contollers you could use instead, so I think you'll be right.
Well, at the time of posting I was hoping for syncing both ways in the sense that both clients would be able to take control over each other (with simultaneous playback).

Since the IOS XBMC remote cannot find Squeezebox I tried to install one of the controllers you mentioned. What a nice thing! However, playback fails, I can occasionally make the ipad show progress of the chosen music, but no sound.

I use Windows, Frodo Alpha 7 compiled with spotify. Is that why it is not working for me? No sound at all...
(I don't even know what exclusive mode is). Will the Frodo issue be fixed sometime in the future?

I am basically getting more and more confused Confused
On holiday so briefly: check your audio output on xbmc settings, use something non exclusive eg direct sound not wasapi. Not sure of will be fixed for Frodo.. Hope so, have raised trac ticket, but there's lots of other stuff demanding attention.
I changed the audio settings from wasapi to direct sound. Now it's working like I dreamed of.
Enjoy your holiday Cool
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How To: Easy synchronised multiroom audio (inc. Spotify!) using XSqueeze in XBMC2