• 9(current)
How To: Easy synchronised multiroom audio (inc. Spotify!) using XSqueeze in XBMC
i tell squeezelite to use USB audio and xbmc HDMI. Still crashes...

Can i easily modify your plugin to enable background listening ?
Xsqueeze uses that player so if it crashes, you'll have to fix that first.

Have you trie using squeezeslave instead?
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Ok indeed

I will try good idea.

thanks for your help
Thanks...I'm going to test this out this weekend. Trying to avoid an expensive Sonos setup.
Hi, i have set up xsqueeze under

Win 7 xbmc
Asus EEB openelec
Raspbmc

Everything works fine, i can control 3 different rooms with iphone / ipad , i ' ve only to syncronize music on all 3 systems from the web .

The only problem i've seen is that i've put on raspbmc an internet radio through xsqueeze which i use in the morning(bath Smile ), i turn off speakers when i go to work and i turn on it every morning.
It is always mute. i ve to unplug power to raspmbc and replug, system is set up to execute xsqueeze automatically and after few second music restart plaing.

Someone knows if there is some option wich put rasbmc into a sleep mode or similar?
Thank you
Glad you've got it running! No idea on pi sleep though, I gave up on my Pi for xbmc pretty quickly, just too slow for my taste.

I was planning to add a sync/unsync control in xsqueeze itself but haven't had time. Maybe one day - but I think the vast bulk of people use the web interface or their phone etc to control it, which makes it easy anyway
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
What I would like to do is play my music on my Host PC, located in my Den, and my Remote PC (laptop), which is located in my Living Room at the same time. This will be great for when I'm hosting parties at my house. I'd like to be able to control my playlist from my Host PC but either will do.

Host PC:
running Windows 7 w/out XBMC installed on machine
All Audio is locally stored via external HDD

Remote PC
laptop running Windows 8 w/ XBMC (Frodo)

I've installed LMS and scanned my media and is currentley running on my Host PC
successfully installed the XSQUEEXE addon inside XBMC.

-this is where I'm hitting a stumbling block....

When I access the LMS web based interface (Host PC), under the "choose player" option, I am seeing "your player was not found"
Using the Automatic LMS Server Discovery option (remote PC), I am able to see my host computer listed. However, whenever I try to enter the xsqueeze addon after that, it says "could not connect to player"

1. in the XSQUEEZE settings of my Remote PC (laptop) do I need to untick the "Act as a squeezeplayer?" option?
2. I've read that I need to change the Mac for local player/mac of device to control. How do I find this Mac address? I tried looking in the LMS Server Settings and cannot find it.
3. I've accessed LMS via the squeezeboxcp.exe on my Host computer. This should mean that I do NOT have to have XBMC running on my host computer to play my local files. Correct?

So sorry for the N00b questions. Here's hoping somebody can help me get this powerful tool up and running. And thanks to the dev for such a cool option
The player will only be listed in LMS while connected and 'on'.

The mac changing stuff is in xsqueeze settings. Your issue is the 'could not connect to player' - that means the player is not starting properly. You'll want to look in your debug log if the player won't start after changing the mac address (and make sure xbmc is not hogging the auio device so turn off xbmc audio setting for gui sounds and keep device active...)

To play locally on the lms machine, you can avoid xbmc but you will still need some sort of a player - there are a number of software options but squeezeplay is the most logical one.
Apologies well in Advance for what is probably a stupid question...

I have openelec running on a atv1 and have xsquueze addon installed.

Is it possible to use xsqueeze to stream music to my philip fidelo (airplay) speaker?
Sorry for my eng. I have 1 mac min runing xbmc and it is my music library is. i have instal LMS 7.7.3 Can cant see how to chanes tehe port. to 9001
i have frodo 13.1 on it i have install and install xsqueeze on it

2 a pc whit win 7 frodo 13.1 xsquseeze on it

it is working frob the web brosser of lms and the lms aap. i can syng them and alle i nned.

my only problem is that i have to be in the xsqeeze program to bee uses as a player. cant it not play in backgrund.
Just a heads up to all - the latest xsqueeze (1.1.3) should work a lot better on the Raspberry Pi and other low power platforms....
could this work with pandora plugin
It works with spotify (via triodes spotify plugin) and some others. Basically it depends how the plugins work.

Easy enough to try!
Has anyone tried this on a FireTV?
What does the FireTV run? Probabley the best route is an external squeezebox player app via the app store, then add control of that in XSqueeze. As yet the XSqueeze system doesn't really deal with Android in terms of its own provided players...to get that going on, I need to know which squeezelite/slave binaries work on which platforms, the output of python uname etc....
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How To: Easy synchronised multiroom audio (inc. Spotify!) using XSqueeze in XBMC2