E350M1 with or without separate graphics card?
(2012-06-30, 04:02)bluray Wrote: Let make it simple for you to understand my point-

1. AMD E350+HD6310 (iGPU)- stutter when playback blu-ray disc (1080P video/bitstreaming HD audio) directly on BD-ROm or ISO using W7+XBMC
2. AMDE350+Nvidia GT430 (discrete GPU)- no stutter when playback blu-ray disc (1080P video/bitstreaming HD audio) directly on BD-ROm or ISO using W7+XBMC

Playback rely heavily on GPU......after GT430 is installed, I can playback every blu-ray disc I threw at it fluently and streaming Netflix HD is fine too......

Let me ask you this again- Have you try to playback blu-ray disc (1080P video/biststreaming HD audio) directly on BD-ROM or ISO with E350+HD6310 using W7+XBMC? If you can playback fluently, good for you.......

Frankly, no, I'm not going to download 50GB to test your theory when no one else is able to replicate your issue and you are unable to explain how the issue you see could even work. 'Playback rely heavily on GPU' well, only the video decoding part. The GPU can't do anything else, it doesn't decode audio, it doesn't decrypt the the disc, it doesn't do anything other than decode the video and draw the image on the display. I can decode demultiplexed Blu-Ray h.264 [email protected] streams with 7.1 audio no problem. You don't even clearly identify your 'challenge' when you say 'BD-ROM or ISO' you don't even specific if you mean decrypted media or encrypted media.

I don't even understand why you feel the need to specify bitstreaming of HD audio. That actually makes it EASIER for the hardware. BitStreaming means the machine doesn't have to DECODE or PROCESS the audio, it just need to transport it out the HDMI port to the external decoding device. It doesn't have to do ANYTHING but push up to 18mbps of unprocessed data through the HDMI cable. Frankly, and I'm not trying to be insulting, I don't think you actually understand how this technology actually works.

Please, feel free to make a logical explaination as to why the method that the data is stored would somehow drive up GPU demand for video decoding and be resolved by a more powerful discrete GPU.
(2012-06-30, 04:40)DJ_Izumi Wrote: Frankly, no, I'm not going to download 50GB to test your theory when no one else is able to replicate your issue and you are unable to explain how the issue you see could even work. 'Playback rely heavily on GPU' well, only the video decoding part. The GPU can't do anything else, it doesn't decode audio, it doesn't decrypt the the disc, it doesn't do anything other than decode the video and draw the image on the display. I can decode demultiplexed Blu-Ray h.264 [email protected] streams with 7.1 audio no problem. You don't even clearly identify your 'challenge' when you say 'BD-ROM or ISO' you don't even specific if you mean decrypted media or encrypted media.
If you are playback blu-ray disc using BD-ROM, you don't need to download 50GB BD ISO.......I haven't read anyone comment in this thread saying that they can playback blu-ray disc directly on BD-ROM (1080P video/bistreaming DTS-HD or TrueHD) using W7+XBMC with their E350/HD6310. Yes, they can playback using external player (TMT5, PDVD11/12, MPC-HC, etc) with their E350/HD6310, and I can too. Yes, I know the functions of GPU/CPU.......pay attention to words in RED before you reply.....

(2012-06-30, 04:40)DJ_Izumi Wrote: I don't even understand why you feel the need to specify bitstreaming of HD audio. That actually makes it EASIER for the hardware. BitStreaming means the machine doesn't have to DECODE or PROCESS the audio, it just need to transport it out the HDMI port to the external decoding device. It doesn't have to do ANYTHING but push up to 18mbps of unprocessed data through the HDMI cable. Frankly, and I'm not trying to be insulting, I don't think you actually understand how this technology actually works.
Yes, I know this too....and I preferred to have it decoded by AVR......I explained it in this thread- Windows How to Bitstreaming using XBMC.........

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-06-30, 05:05)bluray Wrote: If you are playback blu-ray disc using BD-ROM, you don't need to download 50GB BD ISO.......I haven't read anyone comment in this thread saying that they can playback blu-ray disc directly on BD-ROM (1080P video/bistreaming DTS-HD or TrueHD) using W7+XBMC with their E350/HD6310. Yes, they can playback with external player (TMT5, PDVD11/12, MPC-HC, etc) with their E350/HD6310, and I can too. Yes, I know the functions of GPU/CPU.......pay attention to words in RED befor you reply.....

Here's my issue, there also isn't anyone else saying they can't do that either. Except you. I went searching through the forum and I can't find anyone reporting this issue is you.

Further more, specifying from an authentic Blu-Ray disc or an ISO is important. Blu-Ray discs are encrypted and require decryption, which requires additional CPU usage. To get them decrypted for XBMC it requires a rather hackeneyed solution using AnyDVD and that means another application in the background using up CPU resources. So decrypting a blu-ray on the fly vs an unencrypted ISO will possibly yeild different results.

And in your first post in this thread, you say nothing about Blu-Ray discs. You just tell the guy to spend more money on a discrete graphics card, if your justification for this expense is Blu-Ray disc playback, why would you make that suggestion when he said nothing about Blu-Ray and nither did you in the firsts posts? You didn't even ask him if he intended to playback Blu-Ray discs. What kind of recommendation is that?

You generically said playback will be 'smoother' with the GT430 but E-350's are used, all on their own, in countless XBMC setups and no one reports that the video playback is not 'smooth' unless they have an issue they need to troubleshoot. However many would agree that the interface, especially the heavier skins can be overly demanding on the E-350's CPU, but a GT430 won't solve that.

All I see is you telling someone to spend money without giving any valid reason to spend that money.
If you follow all my threads, all my HTPC's have BD-ROM. If you don't have BD-ROM in your E350 HTPC, you can try playback BD ISO in 1080P video/bitstream HD audio using XBMC+W7. If you have a BD-ROM in your E350 HTPC, can try to playback BD directly on BD-ROM in 1080P video/bitstream HD audio using XBMC+W7. Again, the magic words are bistreaming HD audio, XBMC and Windows 7.....

Anyone can write a good story, but the only way to find out is to try it.........if any owner of of E350 can "playback blu-ray disc directly on BD-ROM or ISO (in 1080P video/bistreaming DTS-HD or TrueHD) using W7+XBMC with your E350/HD6310" fluently, please let us know...if you cannot, let us know too.....

To OP- you can try to playback BD in 1080P video/bitstreaming HD audio with E350\HD6310 using XBMC. If you have BD-ROM, you can try it directly on BD-ROM or ISO. If you can playback fluently, you don't need a GPU. Otherwise, you'll need it.....

To be honest, I haven't try E350/HD6310 with the latest AMD 12.4/12.6.......
(2012-06-30, 06:53)bluray Wrote: Again, the magic words are bistreaming HD audio, XBMC and Windows 7.....

Can you even make an explaination as to why you require bitstreaming to meet your exacting, one-man, authorative testing standard, when bitstreaming requires LESS computational power on the HTPC than decoding that audio on the HTPC itself?

(2012-06-30, 07:13)DJ_Izumi Wrote:
(2012-06-30, 06:53)bluray Wrote: Again, the magic words are bistreaming HD audio, XBMC and Windows 7.....

Can you even make an explaination as to why you require bitstreaming to meet your exacting, one-man, authorative testing standard, when bitstreaming requires LESS computational power on the HTPC than decoding that audio on the HTPC itself?
I paid a lot of money for AVR with DTS-HD/TrueHD capability than my HTPC. As I said, I preferred it transmitted digitally in its original format (un-molested) to AVR for decoding......I feel more comfortable decoding by AVR than my E350........and I'm suffering from the "red light turned on" placebo effect too.......Big Grin

And most major media players (XBMC, TMT5, PDVD12, MPC-HD, Boxee, etc) and all major AVR's (Denon, Onkyo, Yamaha, etc) supports bitstreaming option now, would as well use it.......Nod
Simple test. Play a 7.1 HD Audio BluRay through TMT5 but also making sure it is being decrypted by AnyDVD HD. If it plays fine then the problem must be with compatibility in XBMC with the 6310 in the E350 right?
(2012-06-30, 14:27)Malosar Wrote: Simple test. Play a 7.1 HD Audio BluRay through TMT5 but also making sure it is being decrypted by AnyDVD HD.
I can do this too......

(2012-06-30, 14:27)Malosar Wrote: If it plays fine then the problem must be with compatibility in XBMC with the 6310 in the E350 right?
It's possible...but it playback fine with GT430. I didn't do more research to find solution after I installed GT430. Oh, I forgot to mention that I tried AMD HD6450 in it too. It was working fine with it too. Another thing, streaming Netflix HD wasn't smooth either but it was smooth after I installed GT430 and HD6450.......

Again, I haven't try it with their AMD 12.4/12.6 drive. It might have been issue w/ AMD older drivers too.......

Might have been still during earlier versions of Silverlight that didn't contain any decode GPU acceleration perhaps.

I am only trying to point out is that your premise is that the E350 isn't capable of your specific test where it failed, whereas if the hardware is indeed quite capable, it's possibly just a combination of drivers/xmbc version/plugins/anydvd which may have caused the issue to arise. Time and vendor change resolved that for you.
(2012-06-30, 18:45)Malosar Wrote: Might have been still during earlier versions of Silverlight that didn't contain any decode GPU acceleration perhaps.
Actually, I preferred the previous Silverlight for streaming Netflix HD. They never get the latest Silverlight work properly.....Netflix account have to be adjusted to get the latest Silverlight streaming fluently......

(2012-06-30, 18:45)Malosar Wrote: I am only trying to point out is that your premise is that the E350 isn't capable of your specific test where it failed, whereas if the hardware is indeed quite capable, it's possibly just a combination of drivers/xmbc version/plugins/anydvd which may have caused the issue to arise. Time and vendor change resolved that for you.
Since E350+GT430 can handles 1080P video/bitstreaming HD audio using XBMC+W7 or streaming Netflix HD fine, I enclined to say it is driver issue......it might just mean that E350/iGPU is not strong enough to handle XBMC+W7 when playback BD in 1080P/bistreaming or streaming Netflix HD.......

When I have time, I might try E350/iGPU with the latest AMD driver.....

(2012-06-30, 18:15)bluray Wrote:
(2012-06-30, 14:27)Malosar Wrote: Simple test. Play a 7.1 HD Audio BluRay through TMT5 but also making sure it is being decrypted by AnyDVD HD.
I can do this too......

(2012-06-30, 14:27)Malosar Wrote: If it plays fine then the problem must be with compatibility in XBMC with the 6310 in the E350 right?
It's possible...but it playback fine with GT430. I didn't do more research to find solution after I installed GT430. Oh, I forgot to mention that I tried AMD HD6450 in it too. It was working fine with it too. Another thing, streaming Netflix HD wasn't smooth either but it was smooth after I installed GT430 and HD6450.......

Again, I haven't try it with their AMD 12.4/12.6 drive. It might have been issue w/ AMD older drivers too.......

Hi there! i was reading this thread and i have had an Asrock E350m1/usb3 board for a month now and im just about to start building it. I did have concerns about netflix streaming so i am thinking about adding a graphics card but am concerned as to how much performance i would gain because even though it it does have pci express slot 2.0 (x16) it just really an x4 slot.

now i have been deciding between those two cards (hd6450 and gt430). You mentioned those two work well on this board. which one do you prefer more?

Thanks in advance

C
(2012-09-28, 04:34)cscamp20 Wrote: Hi there! i was reading this thread and i have had an Asrock E350m1/usb3 board for a month now and im just about to start building it. I did have concerns about netflix streaming so i am thinking about adding a graphics card but am concerned as to how much performance i would gain because even though it it does have pci express slot 2.0 (x16) it just really an x4 slot.

now i have been deciding between those two cards (hd6450 and gt430). You mentioned those two work well on this board. which one do you prefer more?

Thanks in advance

C
I preferred this "EVGA 01G-P3-1430-LR GeForce GT 430 (Fermi) 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card ".....

(2012-09-28, 05:24)bluray Wrote:
(2012-09-28, 04:34)cscamp20 Wrote: Hi there! i was reading this thread and i have had an Asrock E350m1/usb3 board for a month now and im just about to start building it. I did have concerns about netflix streaming so i am thinking about adding a graphics card but am concerned as to how much performance i would gain because even though it it does have pci express slot 2.0 (x16) it just really an x4 slot.

Thanks in advance

C
I preferred this "EVGA 01G-P3-1430-LR GeForce GT 430 (Fermi) 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card ".....

That's what i thought! seems like everyone is saying and looking at benchmarks from other sites shows that GT430 is better. I'll go for the GT430 then. Thanks for the quick reply
(2012-09-28, 05:58)cscamp20 Wrote:
(2012-09-28, 05:24)bluray Wrote:

Thanks in advance

C

That's what i thought! seems like everyone is saying and looking at benchmarks from other sites shows that GT430 is better. I'll go for the GT430 then. Thanks for the quick reply
Yes, GT430 is better than HD6450 but HD6570 is better than GT430........HD6570 price is very similar to GT430.....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
E350M1 with or without separate graphics card?0