Importing old database and add source
Hi all,

I just installed XBMCbuntu and I've been trying to import my database from my old appletv2. I exported the database, imported it back in xbmcbuntu, and everything seems to have worked. I can read the movies and all the info is there.
However, the sources have not been added, and when I try to add them (so that future movies are added to my library), all of my movies and tv shows are imported again, meaning that I have everything in double.

What have I done wrong?

Should I have first added the source without auto scraping, then imported the db, and then turned on autoscraping?

I've searched around on the forum for this issue, but i haven't found a clear answer to this specific issue.

Thanks a lot,

ZOTAC zbox nano AD10: full list of specs are here: http://goo.gl/dPFgv
OCZ 60GB SSD and 4 GB DDR3 ram.
Lubuntu 11.10
XBMC 11.0 Git:Unknown (Compiled: Mar 24 2012)
The sources need to be the same as they were on the ATV2 (it's even case sensitive) or else XBMC will think it's a new source path and re-scan everything. One thing you can do is just copy the sources.xml file from the ATV2's userdata (wiki) folder and put that on your XBMCbuntu machine. That way you can be sure that it's the exact same.
Great, thanks!

The mistake that I made was that I clicked on SMB in the source menu, rather than entering the IP address of my NAS.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Importing old database and add source0