Xsqueeze / program autostarter
Hi all

I'm constantly struggling to find a better solution for my multi room audio setup, or maybe I just like tinkering! Recently got an atv2 for the bedroom which is great for movies, and xsqueeze works a treat for my squeezebox setup.

I would like to add it to my media centre downstairs too but that us turned on and off when required. It would be great if xsqueeze could autorun with xbmc as I don't want the tv on while playing music ( playback can be controlled via the many squeezebox apps / controllers about the house).

Any ideas? I can't see it as a setting on xsqueeze and I can't seem to find anything on auto starting add ons or programs.

Thanks!!

bump! anyone? I'm shocked this isn't a pretty standard feature / requirement, if not for xsqueeze then in general for any add-on?
Well it might help if you posted in the XSqueeze thread since I didn't see this until now -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=122199 is where you want to be.

Basically, you need to call xbmc.RunAddon(script.xsqueeze) at startup to kick it off. So basically you create a file called:

autoexec.py

in your userdata folder and add

Code:
import xbmc
xbmc.RunAddon(script.xsqueeze)

in it...that should kick it off at system start automatically.

(note, note tested!)
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
I have tested it. It works well.

Add the following code in autoexec.py

Code:
import xbmc
xbmc.executebuiltin('XBMC.RunScript(script.xsqueeze)')

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xsqueeze / program autostarter0