Linux Scroll Speed in Lists
Hello Forum,

I've recently been trying to migrate from Windows to Ubuntu on my HTPC's, but I'm having a nagging issue with scrolling. I've searched the forum, I've read that apparently, the scroll speed is tied to the keyboard repeat rate.

I've been unable to make that the case, I've played with all the OS keyboard setting I can find, kbdrate, the GUI in 12.04, etc... but I I'm always stuck with this super fast scroll, which really messes with the WAF. As far as I can tell, the rate is tied directly to the input device, and bypasses the OS is some sort. I've tested this in windows, and of course, adjusting the keyboard rate functions exactly as you'd expect it to, so its something directly to the OS.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Latest Stable Build Eden
Ubuntu 12.04
maybe check this out

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1696794
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
Thanks for the reply,

I've looked through that thread, that seems to be a mouse issue, but none the less I tried it, no luck though. I've done some more testing, and I've updated my original post, but It looks like its ties directly to the Operating System, as in windows, everything works as expected. I should also mention, that adjusting the Keyboard in the Ubuntu Keyboard Panel DOES adjust the rate in every other ubuntu application, just not XBMC.
You can't influence the repeat rate with any OS settings. Currently this a a hard coded value inside XBMC. I am going to make this configurable.
(2012-06-29, 08:35)FernetMenta Wrote: You can't influence the repeat rate with any OS settings. Currently this a a hard coded value inside XBMC. I am going to make this configurable.

I look forward to when that get implemented. In the mean time, I'll continue to work through on a decent solution for my setups..
(2012-06-29, 08:35)FernetMenta Wrote: You can't influence the repeat rate with any OS settings. Currently this a a hard coded value inside XBMC. I am going to make this configurable.

Did you ever manage to make setting the keyboard repeat rate configurable? I am using Kodi for my dad who has dementia, and he tends to hold down the keys to long in his custom keyboard I made. This causes freezing among other issues. If this feature is not implemented could you please point me to the source code where I can manually edit the repeat rate for USB keyboards? I have a good amount of coding experience, and I have looked myself. It looks like its inside LinuxInputDevices.cpp :

Quote:CLinuxInputDevice::SetupKeyboardAutoRepeat

Not sure what to change though!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scroll Speed in Lists1