Linux Ubuntu 10.10
Hey there!
i´ve got a huge problem:
i bought the lenovo q180 and installed windows 7 home premium and ubuntu 10.10 (dual boot)
so on the ubuntu it will boot straight in to xbmc and everything is fine but i am not able to get acces to an other computer (windows 7 ultimate) in my home-network...
i´ve installed samba for ubuntu but it didn´t worked either so my question is, is there a good tutorial out there for ubuntu dummies or is there an other possibility to get acces to an other computer in my network?

thanks!
When you boot into XBMC, are you able to get any network access, such as displaying weather, installing add-ons, playing streaming media from a music/video add-on, etc.? Just trying to see if your problem is with networking overall or just access to other computers in your local network.
internet is working fine
firefox and the wether thingy got connection to the internet. i accualy can see my windows computer sometimes after i installed samba but...
both are connected with the router over lan so the connection should be just fine.
are there other possibilitys to connects both computers to do a file transfer?
there has not to be just samba but samba is the best at the place isn´t it?
ok well
ive got it right now on the other way so windows got access to a ubuntu folder!
please tell me if there is an other way to have acces to windows files from xbmc Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ubuntu 10.100