Where is Skin stored
Hi I have XBMCUbuntu installed but cannot for the life of me find where it is stored. I wanted to update Nox from git but cannot find it anywhere on my system.

I have looked through /usr/share/xbmc/addons and can see skin.confluence in there but no nox.

Thanks in advance for any help

it´s hidden folder called .xbmc in /home/yourusername/
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
thanks for fast response.

I was going to just copy files directly from git into the dir but after reading aonther thread on here it was indicated there was another way ( or correct way as it was put ) to get files form git.. Could I hassle you to ask what that is please.

Thanks

download GIT and clone the repo with the link from our github page.
there are endless tutorials out there how to do it. just use google.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Yup already goodled it but thanks anyway..

BTW thanks to you and your co-developer on this skin it is an amazing bit of work.

(2012-06-29, 21:44)MrTourettes Wrote: Yup already goodled it but thanks anyway..

BTW thanks to you and your co-developer on this skin it is an amazing bit of work.

bignoid isn´t a "co-"developer, he´s just a bit more busy in private life than me atm.
thx anyways Wink
(2012-06-29, 21:55)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-06-29, 21:44)MrTourettes Wrote: Yup already goodled it but thanks anyway..

bignoid isn´t a "co-"developer, he´s just a bit more busy in private life than me atm.
thx anyways Wink

OOPPSS Sorry I did not mean to belittle anyone. I knew there was 2 of you working on it so I used that term.. Problem is I am so busy working 16 hours a day I tend to spend most of my time browsing for relevant info and tend to forget or miss names and details Sad
I seem to be having some difficulties...

I preformed a git clone in my .xbmc/addons/ directory where all the other add ons are stored and I have a folder called Aeon-Nox however my old folder is called skin.aeon.nox. After a reboot and navigation to the system menu to change skins I do not see the new git cloned skin to choose from Sad what have a done wrong.. does the new skin folder needed to be named skin.aeon.nox as well and if I change the name will I still be able to preform a GIT PULL on it?

-=Jason=-
(2012-07-04, 06:52)Flomaster Wrote: I seem to be having some difficulties...

I preformed a git clone in my .xbmc/addons/ directory where all the other add ons are stored and I have a folder called Aeon-Nox however my old folder is called skin.aeon.nox. After a reboot and navigation to the system menu to change skins I do not see the new git cloned skin to choose from Sad what have a done wrong.. does the new skin folder needed to be named skin.aeon.nox as well and if I change the name will I still be able to preform a GIT PULL on it?

-=Jason=-

remove / backup the old skin.aeon.nox. you may not have two folders with the same addon id (stored in addon.xml) in the addons folder.
you can rename / move the git folder like you want. doesn´t matter.
easy way

For Windows the location of Skins (and other addons):
Code:
%AppData%\XBMC\Addons
For Linux (xbmc is my username):
Code:
/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Where is Skin stored0